No announcement yet.

Wrestling being cut from the Olympics?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TBear View Post
    The Olympics are in a downward spiral. I think the only way to save it is to reset to as it was years ago when it was about sports competition and not profit. Seriously needs a system restore.
    It's now run like McDonalds.
    problem is though before it was run like mcdonalds the whole thing was a financial clusterfuk. The Montreal Olympics in 1976 took 30 years to pay off, after they saw the bill many countries didnt want the Olympics. In 1980 it was in Moscow which was obviously paid for off the backs of the Soviet willing workers (lol), and it wasnt until a financial whizz from the good ol US of A monetised the whole operation and made it financially viable again. It is commercial because it must be.
    Last edited by Tom Cruise; 02-12-2013, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Maybe it didn't sell tickets.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
        Wushu is a form of Chinese martial arts. Jackie Chan and Jet Li both were taught at a young age.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wushu_(sport)
        It's similar to karate from my understanding. What do you need Wushu if you have karate. Kicking wrestling out of the Olympics is crazy.

Comment

If they are just going to put in the sports that sell the most tickets then all of the events will be soccer related.

That's not what the Olympics should be about.

Comment

This is a sick joke Olympic committee frauds.

Comment

Wrestling was one of the original founding events of the Olympics...makes no sense to drop it. Bad new for BC...we have produced alot of medalists lately which makes it a well funded sport here.

Comment

I agree wrestling should have/keep its historic place in the Olympics, but with that said, has anyone here actually watched it recently?

Last match i saw was that one crazy russian vs that farmboy fatboy some years ago. At this point, id much rather watch womens soccer than wrestling, and im not even a soccer fan ffs lol

Comment

I've watched it a lot recently. Was into it when Cejudo had his run to the gold medal and then also when Burroughs and Varner got their golds.

Not everyone is a fan but so what. Who the hell wants to see golf and squash?

Comment

What a terrible move.

How the hell do they justify this?

Comment

Working...
                    X