No announcement yet.

Fury versus Wilder, shades of Lacy versus Calzaghe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
    You mean a black American boxer verus a white Englishman boxer ? That’s where they begin and end. Different styles. Different attributes. Just different
    I would have to agree thats the only comparison I can find.

Comment

Originally posted by BufordTannen View Post
      Lol Brits can never talk about a fight vs an American without bringing up lacy

That worked out real well for Kell Brook
      I'm so sick and tired of hearing it living in the UK. I'd love more originality when we have a fight between a UK vs a US fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
        Im assuming that you are not implying I am a Brit. Love my Brit posters but I am a New York City born and bred half Jewish MF.
        Billeau2 has respect for all people, great impartial poster.

Comment

The biggest reason I'm not buying this, or think the fight will be competitive, is because Fury still looks like garbage to me. This forum likes to throw the word 'bum' around, but Fury has not fought anyone in the ~top50 of a HW division in 3 YEARS. He was an insanely fat slob a year ago. He was out of shape ~6 months ago. Fury did his cute dancing around the last 2 fights, but to me he still looked slow and uncoordinated. I'm not convinced Fury could beat Szpilka or Charles 'puff puff' Martin, let alone Wilder or Joshua.

Hell, maybe my prediction will turn into a mistake of 'Broner is the next FOTD' proportions, but I'm not giving Fury a single chance out of a hundred to win this fight.

Comment

You mean a black American boxer verus a white Englishman boxer ? That’s where they begin and end. Different styles. Different attributes. Just different
            Well, the title does say “shades”

Comment

some people will see shades of calzaghe vs lacy in their morning cornflakes.

Man, hes 50% of joes complete list of two decent defences, so I guess its gotta be flogged.
              Last edited by DreamFighter; 10-29-2018, 06:52 AM.

Comment

I followed boxing since the 90's and don't even remember Lacy. I guess he was a big deal or I was a casual.

Comment

I understand thread. But wilder is a little more proven than lacy. And were yet to see if fury is better than jc?

Comment

Wilder is better than lacy from ams to pros.

Comment

Lacy was a bum and only Lacy’s fans thought that he would win. Wilder has more skills than Lacy. Dubious comparison at best.

Comment

Working...
                      X