No announcement yet.

Terence Crawford vs Alexander Besputin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BIG GUNZ View Post
    Crawford needs to fight either Spence, Thurman, Porter, Garcia or Pacquiao next year. He has to get at least 1 of those guys in 2019.
    He's not getting any PBC guys. Maybe he'll fight the last man standing in a joint-PPV in 2020/2021, but he's not fighting any of those guys in the interim.
    Last edited by Pigeons; 10-14-2018, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Arum could careless not like he is going to sell it as a PPV. He has a deal with ESPN WTF does he care Arum going to give us WTF he wants to give us that has always been Arum

Comment

F

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
        He's not getting any PBC guys. Maybe he'll fight the last Man standing in a joint-PPV in 2020/2021, but he's not fighting any of those guys in the interim.
        I’m not expecting him to sadly. But one can only hope. I expect it to happen in 2020/2021 myself. We just have to hope Crawford, Spence & Thurman stay undefeated & that the winner of Spence vs. Thurman fights Crawford.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
          His supporters will find a way. 'Hes unbeaten, had a solid amateur career, passes the eye test (they'll say that automatically), he's fought at 154 so is the bigger man, hes ranked in the top 20 (so its a step up from last fight)' by the time the propaganda machine kicks into gear people will see it as a real test
          propaganda machine? you mean like this? https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=778697

Comment

I think not unlike Joshua fighting Takam in the UK, Bud fighting whoever in Nebraska is sellable off of it being a Bud fight in Nebraska. So as long as its in Nebraska I doubt it'll be THAT much of a problem. I'd bet against it doing Bud vs Jose numbers ratings-wise or even the gate, but who's doing great numbers vs Besputin on any network at any venue??? Not many I'd guess.

I tend to think that Mean Machine dude is up first anyway so Bob is gonna have some time to build Besputin into a more attractive opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
              Arum could careless not like he is going to sell it as a PPV. He has a deal with ESPN WTF does he care Arum going to give us WTF he wants to give us that has always been Arum
              Randomly anyone know what are the particulars of Arum being able to do a PPV anyway?

If Arum is supposed to provide content for ESPN & ESPN+ can he just decide to take a fight off that platform or does it gotta be an ESPN PPV if he decides to do it. Which might be a problem by itself if Arum has to do a ESPN PPV & any big name PBC guy would wanna get in on that Haymon 2nd check money with a Showtime or Fox PPV.

So much random bs in boxing with making two fights fight.

Comment

Well it'll be his 4th undefeated opponent in a row so they might make up some bs about that. I just watched that Rasputin guy fight and Bud takes him out in destructive fashion.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  Randomly anyone know what are the particulars of Arum being able to do a PPV anyway?

If Arum is supposed to provide content for ESPN & ESPN+ can he just decide to take a fight off that platform or does it gotta be an ESPN PPV if he decides to do it. Which might be a problem by itself if Arum has to do a ESPN PPV & any big name PBC guy would wanna get in on that Haymon 2nd check money with a Showtime or Fox PPV.

So much random bs in boxing with making two fights fight.
                  Honestly, it doesn't seem like it is any plans on doing PPV's at least not from Arum and Top Rank. You right they have a deal to provide content for ESPN and ESPN+ which also could be why Arum can an will stay In House and make Mismatches on ESPN Dime

Comment

He is younger than Crawford, has an amateur record of 300-15, won 10 gold medals, is undefeated as a pro, and knocked out 9 of his 11 opponents. Having said that, I don't see a guy with 11 pro fights beating Crawford. However, I could be wrong.

Comment

Besputin is a Russian Hacker and Bud is fighting for 'Murica!

Comment

Working...
                      X