Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Gennady Golovkin lack power in his jabs? Why Canelo's face was barely marked?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

besides I am sure he did not look at the Clenny boy's pics after the fight where he had his eyes swollen like a bomb landed on his face.

Comment

Here's Luke Jackson right after the Frampton fight -

Here's Luke Jackson the next day -

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
        Here's Luke Jackson right after the Frampton fight -

Here's Luke Jackson the next day -
        I dont get the point you are making?

that a 30/1 underdog got horribly battered in a mismatch compared with a pick em fight between golovkin & alvarez?

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post

that a 30/1 underdog got horribly battered in a mismatch compared with a pick em fight between golovkin & alvarez?
          It's that bruises take a while to show up in a many cases, surprised you think the betting odds make a difference to how you look fine after a fight vs the next day lol

Comment

The fact you admit he took a battering but looked fine after proves my point, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
              It's that bruises take a while to show up in a many cases, surprised you think the betting odds make a difference to how you look fine after a fight vs the next day lol
              ah okay, i misunderstood what you were trying to say, sall good.

Comment

ah okay, i misunderstood what you were trying to say, sall good.
                No problem, I thought that was strange lol

I doubt Canelo would ever post pictures of his damaged face the next day either.

Comment

GGG is favourite in rematch cos nobody thinks Nelo won first fight.
                  Just like Pac was always favourite in rematches with JMM.
                  Floyds opponents faces weren't ever marked up yet he won. Why cant GGG win on points for once instead of having to ko everyone?
                  Plus nelo was in defense mode by his own admission for much of fight so nelo took the sting out of a lot of the jabs by just wriggling but the jabs still count even if didn't land that hard mostly.
                  I mean they were still harder than the jabs Floyd landed on Pac whilst winning a large decision.
                  Last edited by hugh grant; 09-12-2018, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by No punch power View Post
                    In the first bout between Gennady Golovkin and Canelo Alvarez. Golovkin supposedly out-boxed and out-jabbed Canelo Alvarez by landing more punches, particularly jabs. And Golovkin is considered to be a devastating knock-out artist by majority of his fans and by a vast majority of the members from the boxing community.

But the million dollar question is, why was the pale skinned face of Canelo Alvarez barely marked or visibly damaged after the fight? Surely, if Golovkin was such a devastating puncher and landed so many jabs on Canelo, Canelo should have had a more visibly damaged and marked up face. Correct? Even more so, considering Canelo's face is relatively pale which means, easier to mark up. But still, Canelo's face was barely marked after the fight and outside of minor scratches (that looked like the scratches a baby would inflict on his father), he looked the same as he looked before the fight.

So what is it? Either Golovkin is a feather fist and lacks power to inflict damage on opponents like Canelo Alvarez, despite landing as many jabs as he supposedly landed. Or, Golovkin in reality did not out-jab or out-box Canelo Alvarez because he kept missing and failed to connect enough times on Canelo Alvarez's face to visibly mark his pale skinned face enough.

What was even more alarming, was Golovkin's face being more marked up and visibly damaged than Canelo Alvarez's face.

This is the pair of them, just after their fight during their respective interviews:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHkddCBe2pY

So if Golovkin really did out-jab and out-box Canelo Alvarez, then why couldn't he inflict more visible damage on Canelo's face, considering his supposed devastating knockout power??
                    As far as Golovkins face being marked up. When you checked post fight pics from other fights was the swelling worse or about the same?

Comment

GGG connected to the head not the face

Comment

Working...
                      X