Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If GGG got robbed then what are the 7 or 8 rounds he unquestionably won?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mcdonalds View Post
    which 8 rounds were they? I bet some of the ones you gave GGG were really close swing rounds kind sir
    I'd have to go back and look again at the fight.

Depends who I am discussing it with. If I discuss it with you then of course you are going to say they were close. If I discuss it with someone else they are most likely to agree with me. The majority of people who viewed the fight had Golovkin winning. 8-4 is a perfectly reasonable score given that Canelo spent a lot of time backing up and laying on the ropes effectively not fighting. Golovkin's jab alone was enough to force him back. His jab consistantly stopped Canelo from fighting and forcing him into a defensive mode. Canelo's best punches could not consistantly force Golovkin back. Think of it this way. How often did Golovkin fight with his back to the ropes. Hardly ever or never. Canelo fought the wrong fight either because of his stamina problems or because he had the wrong gameplay or low ring IQ. People talk about Canelo's clean effective punching vs Golovkin. Those effective punches had little effect on Golovkin. They didn't force him back, to the ropes, discourage him from coming forward or really hurt him. Golovkin landed more punches overall than Canelo and was the boss in that fight. So yeah my score is perfectly reasonable.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
      Are you inferring that Canelo won that fight??
      No...a questionable draw is the same as a win for ggg haters.

Comment

I re-watched this fight last night & it was a very close fight. I’m okay with the draw after re-watching it. First time I watched it I had Golovkin winning 7-5 but I gave Canelo 7 rounds on a second watch. There’s like 4 or 5 rounds that are a toss up on who wins them. It certainly wasn’t no 10 rounds to 2 fight like one of the judges scored it though. 7 to 5 either way or a draw are reasonable scorecards.

Comment

Comment

canelo won every flippin round. ggg was supposed to ko him and he didn't therefore canelo wins.

Comment

Working...
            X