Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Mayweather miss the boat, Cotto's lineal MW Title?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Mayweather miss the boat, Cotto's lineal MW Title?

Did Floyd miss the boat by fighting Berto... If he faught Cotto for the WBC and lineal Middleweight Championship of the World he would have a 6th weight class World title...
    He could of faught at 154 or lighter?
    It would have been for big money and he would have been a solid favorite...

He could have captured the title under the nose of GGG and then retire... GGG has been chasing this Title since Sergio Martinez a few years back... That would be a total "In your face".....

I think GGG is the next big money draw out there and Floyd could have added that Middleweight Crown without fighting him....
    Thoughts ???

I think pursuing a fight with Cotto became much harder for Mayweather with Haymon after Cotto signed with Jay-Z. But if it isn't and he beats Canelo, there's no reason they couldn't still fight.

Comment

still a possibility but cotto rematch will never happen Jay Z will never allow it.

Comment

Golovkin never would have accepted a step aside deal to allow such a travesty to take place.

Comment

I don't think Mayweather would want to rematch Cotto. He said after the fight it was his toughest fight for a reason.

I think Mayweather just wanted an easy showcase fight for his final bout. Yeah he could have pursued Cotto for another belt and more money but at this point I really think he doesn't care.

He just wanted to finish to contract and leave.

Comment

Floyd is fighting Cotto may 5 2016.

Comment

is this the first time Floyd retired?

Comment

Originally posted by Rath View Post
                is this the first time Floyd retired?
                For those that dont pick up your sarcasm...the answer is no

Comment

That would have been a disgraceful shame. Mayweather the lineal middleweight champ by beating Cotto at 154. The lineal middleweight champ and the best middleweight in the world should be the same guy. Otherwise being the lineal middleweight champion is meaningless. I think the majority of fans think GGG is the best middleweight in the world. I remember when Tyson was winning all the belts and knocking everybody out. Michael Spinks was technically still the lineal heavyweight champ and Tyson tried and tried to get a fight with him just like GGG is trying to get a fight with lineal middleweight champ Cotto. When Tyson finally got a fight with Spinks he knocked him out in 60 seconds of the first round. Mayweather probably could have defeated Cotto at 154 for the bogus, pretend lineal world middleweight title. So What! Would anybody believe that beating Cotto at 154 made Mayweather the best 160 fighter in the world?

Comment

Originally posted by Barcham View Post
                    Golovkin never would have accepted a step aside deal to allow such a travesty to take place.
                    ,He doesn't have to allow it. Give giggi his Lil bullshtt super champ or emeritus title
                    And let the big boys play for big stake millions

Comment

Working...
                    X