No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Drops, Decisions Jacobs in Toughest Career Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
    Thanks for the smart eye compliment billy firstly....i want to add it was a close fight with a round separating them.....the reason why i thought golovkin just came up short is because he was missing an awful lot and not punching enough when in range.....to me golovkin looked flat and didnt have that edge he normally has...jacobs used movement and handspeed and took triple gggs best at the end of the dsy.....i think a rematch is in order
    Danny was brilliant, GGG wasn't and looked ordinary, agreed.

The thing is GGG edged the close rounds with his jab.

And that's what people are missing IMO.

Even if overall GGG got outboxed, he grabbed some rounds with his jab, knew when he had to push a bit to get the round.
    GGG boy is smart.

Jacobs lacks experience, he lost most of the 6 first rounds (I gave GGG the 1st,3rd, 4th*and 5th) and got dropped.

Then lost the 12th, he should have won this fight he had the momentum but made it close.

He can't have a close fight with the HBO hyped champion.

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
      Jacobs really impressed me!... I thought that the scorecards were all in his favor (before they announced the winner's name)...

Afterwards I just checked the CompuBox stats: GGG was ahead...

god you're stupid

boxrec is a fk'ing absurd way to score a fight

you stated earlier that when you watched that fight you thought Jacobs won

well, if you thought that Jacobs won the fight...... but then changed your mind immediately after checking compubox..... then you Sir, are a DUMBASS !!

get a clue

Comment

• jacobs definitely won this fight. he got robbed in his own back yard

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
          I need to grow up because I think both Jacobs and Kovalev deserved to win and didn't get it by the judges?
          Maybe you need to learn how to judge fights better

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
            I think whenever a guy is expected to blow the other guy out of the water by a large amount of people, but instead the fight is very competitive and close, people tend to score the underdog more favorably because of the fact that they are doing better than expected
            Danny got graded on a curve and has been given a bunch of pity rounds. This is one of the clearest examples I've seen in a while.

I repeat - I was at the fight and even the most rabid, screaming Jacobs fans close to me didn't think he won.

Comment

• Originally posted by turnedup View Post
              So in other words you rank Jacobs as a sub-par talent, you guys kill me with this "he looked horrible" Jacobs is no slouch wipe out the Pirog fight and there isn't anything bad to say about Jacobs. The #1 and #2 fighters fought, fk you expect one to blow the other one out?

Dude Pirog was a beast but again just like the other cat you call Danny elite one minute but then act when someone doesn't wipe the floor with him its the worst thing in the world. Damn ya'll compliment and slap the man in the same breath.

#1 and #2 in a division and went deep to the well of heart and fortitude literally down to the wire for a win, what's not to call fantastic about it?
              I underrated Jacobs and overrated GGG, dude look ordinary tonight Jacobs is clearly the more skilled of the two just not as heavy a puncher, I think Jacobs will struggle getting the meaningful fights now Canelo and GGG won't want anything to do with him, Jacobs vs Ward could be the fight to make st 168 Jacobs would have a chance against Ward clearly GGG isn't on that level he should stay at 160 and face guys like Saunders and Canelo.

Comment

• I had GGG winning, not sure how this is robbery, maybe because the odds were ridiculous and no one gave Jacobs a chance. Good fight though.

Comment

• GGG'S face after hearing the decision says it all...doubt we'll get the rematch though

Charlo would beat GGG after a fight or two at his new weight. Charlo is bigger, stronger, has a better jab and is more athletic than Danny. Clearly the jab and height are real issues for Golovkin.

Comment

• Deni showed a really good job, well done! But I hope that it was a hook for Canelo from GGG

Comment

• Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
                      Really?! Damn...
                      GGG weighted at 170, but Jacobs denied the scales...

Comment

Working...
                      X