X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
    Flicker is a fat yank.
    And to be fair our national team loses not because it's defeatist but because they're shit.

Jermaine Defoe called up.

34-years-old.

We need a referendum on the national team.

Comment

• With the CL I just don't want Barcelona or Real Madrid to win it.

I am rooting for all 6 of the other teams.

Atletico actually deserve a European Cup imo. They have had a run a bit like Chelsea had in that competition but and just come up short except they've actually reached two finals and failed. Whereas we reached one and continually came up short in semi-finals. In reality they are one of the strongest European teams of recent years and deserve the cup with the big ears. Like all Spanish clubs they are shady and have previously exploited 3rd party ownership but that specific team they have with Godin, Koke, Griezemann, Luis, Juanfran, Carasco et al needs to be remembered.

Barcelona and Real are pretty tiresome really. Atletico have really stood up them well.

They do, however, play dreadful, dreadful, football. By necessity mostly but still.
      Last edited by Sparked_26; 03-17-2017, 10:17 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by betmen View Post
        an englishman called other nat-team a defeatist
        Tell me the French team don't have a defeatist culture.

Originally posted by betmen View Post
        yeah... check out his quote

that's sound perfect to describe the three lions to me.
        England's problems don't come from the players per se. It's more the manager's inability to get over "names" and actually put out a cohesive unit of players.

You love Italy. Look at what Conte did with the Italian team. Hardly their absolute best players but Conte had Graziano Pelle and company punching way above their weight class.

Tell me I'm lying.

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
        Flicker is a fat yank.
        You wanna have a go chav?

Comment

• International football is absolutely horrific gutted that its coming back.

I did used to love it. Pre world cup 2010.

Comment

• "Names" don't exist anymore for us. Rooney was the last name and he hasn't been picked. It's simply like Sparked said we're just ****.

Where's the up and coming talent? I don't see any. The only potentially world class talent we had coming up in my boy Benjamin Woodburn has chosen to play for Wales. We've got **** all. Redmond is ****. Who else has come up from the u21's? Can't even remember any from the top of my head.

Comment

• I do like some of the defenders - Gibson at Boro and Maguire at Hull, and Keane at Burnley.

All 3 of them have something. Well, at least enough to be solid internationals.

Comment

• England isn't that bad, I don't think. The squad is literally just role-players though. Even Dele Ali. What do you really get from him besides late runs into the box?
                So, in calling him up are you going to play around him? Or ask him to do something he can't do?

I think that's the real problem with England.

Also, what is Mawson? Is he English, Welsh, what?

Comment

• Harry Kane should be a top England player but he isn't yet.

In reality Adam Lallana is England's best footballer.

He's a nice enough footballer but it from a country with a our population. Something has gone very wrong.

I can't believe we haven't produced a potential superstar since 2004. That is somehow negating the law of averages. Even by blind luck we should be churning out a prodigy Rooney every 10 years at least. We're even behind schedule with that.

Comment

• Harry Winks

I heard one of the Talksport presenters saying England need to cap him ASAP as he has some Spanish blood and they will be looking at him themselves

Kane had a good start for England but has tailed off badly and had a stinker at the Euros. I think he could be another Andy Cole.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                      Tell me the French team don't have a defeatist culture.

England's problems don't come from the players per se. It's more the manager's inability to get over "names" and actually put out a cohesive unit of players.

You love Italy. Look at what Conte did with the Italian team. Hardly their absolute best players but Conte had Graziano Pelle and company punching way above their weight class.

Tell me I'm lying.

You wanna have a go chav?
                      i kind of agree but kind of dont. ENgland should be better than they are, but the difference compared to england compared to somene like italy or portugal is the technical ability. The technical ability of the english players is so low in terms of quick, clever passing, when you put 11 in the same the result is a seriiously average team

Comment

Working...
                      X