Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone here making money off of stock market?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've invested since 2008 and have done pretty well with some of my stock picks. I try to buy good companies after their stock prices have been artificially depressed. In 2008, I bought 2,000 shares of Pfizer at around $13 and have been buying more lots and reinvesting dividends. The investment has done pretty well.

Also, last year after seeing Apple shares beaten down, I scooped up 100 shares around $90.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
      I've invested since 2008 and have done pretty well with some of my stock picks. I try to buy good companies after their stock prices have been artificially depressed. In 2008, I bought 2,000 shares of Pfizer at around $13 and have been buying more lots and reinvesting dividends. The investment has done pretty well.

Also, last year after seeing Apple shares beaten down, I scooped up 100 shares around $90.
      Late 2008, early 2009 was probably the best time in our lifetimes to buy.. probably never see those levels again.

Smart play on Apple.. I did the exact same thing and now it's at 130... I love when a bad Apple report comes out because everyone panics and it's a great time to buy.. got no idea why Apple gets beat down so much, especially now with the huge buyback and dividend

Comment

Originally posted by KING MEAT View Post
        id like to start investing. for those who are investing, hook it upo with some knowledge
        Yea I got some stocks I fuk with. I got a 16% return on mine last year. And so far I'm getting 7% this year.

When I invest, it's with money I plan on not touching for a while. So I look for solid long term stocks that are reliable and can get me an average of about 6-7% return each year and I use about 65% of the money I invest into those type of stocks. The other 35% of the money I invest I put them in more risky stocks that have a higher potential for bigger returns but those stocks are risky so they can flop to. But I got a good guy that does my investing and he does a good job.

In the last 8 years of investing in the stock market i have gotten an average of about 9% return per year. If I can average that for the next 15-20 years I'll have a very good fortune for myself when I finally pull out my money.

But who know they can all flop one day and I can lose it all. It's that stock market.

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post
          My portfolio is strong but took a bit of a hit with the mining sector in the last year or so.

The majority of my shares are big pharma which goes from strength to strength.
          Did you have caterpillar and John Deere?

Comment

choose here.. i should have went all in with facebook during its IPO.. i knew that jew is a winner.. dude stole fb idea and turned it into a multi billion company.. that jew is smart..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...businesspeople

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
              Did you have caterpillar and John Deere?
              Nah no money in big farma

Comment

Working...
              X