Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin-Eubank Moves Closer After 'Very Positive' Talks in London

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KingKhan1 View Post
    What happens if he can't hurt Eubank?
    He can cut off the ring, control the distance with his jab and win on points if needed. Let's say that Eubank can take his shots...initially, but GGG is still able to control the distance and land punches. I can't really think of anyone who can stand up to the power for a full 12 rounds. See, it's not just GGG's power that does guys in, it's his pressure, ability to find the body AND the power that shuts guys down. It's like there is no "safe space" for the opponents to wait it out for a few rounds because GGG is always in their faces LANDING punches.

If Eubanks can stick and move for all 12, he stands a chance but GGG will be going for that body all night, slowing that movement down.

Comment

I hate you Golovkin

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
        He can cut off the ring, control the distance with his jab and win on points if needed. Let's say that Eubank can take his shots...initially, but GGG is still able to control the distance and land punches. I can't really think of anyone who can stand up to the power for a full 12 rounds. See, it's not just GGG's power that does guys in, it's his pressure, ability to find the body AND the power that shuts guys down. It's like there is no "safe space" for the opponents to wait it out for a few rounds because GGG is always in their faces LANDING punches.

If Eubanks can stick and move for all 12, he stands a chance but GGG will be going for that body all night, slowing that movement down.
        I agree to an extent. I just think that Golovkin has not fought anyone who believes they can win yet. Eubank believes he can. Mindset is important. GGG definately favourite but Eubank is dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          If you're going to bother me, at least make either an intelligent argument or a joke of some kind. You guys that just make up shyt no one believes because you're frustrated are so fking boring. No ability to make a compelling argument and no sense of humor either.
          He's right though, what separates Wards resume from Gggs is Froch and Kessler. Quality wins but not great or anything. The better scalp Froch famously said he'd swerve Ggg like the plague when the fight was looking plausible

Comment

Eddie Hearn may get some flak but at this rate he's heading into the Hall of Fame...

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamking View Post
              make one mandatory defense and you never let it go lmfao. What about Ward voluntarily fighting Alexander Brand? Thought so.

Pussie g's whole career is straight trash. You can't think of one fighter he fought that could even sniff the HOF. The fact that he is 34 and refused to move up ONE weight class and fight fighters because people in his division or garbage and don't want to fight him is straight wack.

Just imagine if: Cotto, Mayweather, De La Hoya, Pacquiao. Hopkins, Hatton, Broner, etc... all stayed in one weak ass division and couldn't get any big fights and was scared to move up? Imagine Broner staying at 135 beating everybody but not moving up. I wanna see this fight but if lil g can't get a big fight after this, stop wasting time and move up and fight much better comp who is not afraid or straight garbage. And 90% of 160 straight garbage

Comment

Originally posted by KingKhan1 View Post
                I agree to an extent. I just think that Golovkin has not fought anyone who believes they can win yet. Eubank believes he can. Mindset is important. GGG definately favourite but Eubank is dangerous.
                Anything is possible, he definitely has the confidence which might actually be his downfall and it might be his saving grace. He could show up and take it to GGG or he could put himself right in range for some heavy artillery. He did say that he has his dad's chin, so he might be able to take what GGG can dish out.

I'll definitely give him credit if he goes through with the fight because I've never seen a guy avoided so much. So what, the guy might hit like a tank but he's just a man, and all these guys are professional boxers, this is what they do, what they get paid millions to do. It's just time this charade comes to an end, time for boxers to take pride in their work.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet_Science2 View Post
                  Pussie g's whole career is straight trash. You can't think of one fighter he fought that could even sniff the HOF. The fact that he is 34 and refused to move up ONE weight class and fight fighters because people in his division or garbage and don't want to fight him is straight wack.

Just imagine if: Cotto, Mayweather, De La Hoya, Pacquiao. Hopkins, Hatton, Broner, etc... all stayed in one weak ass division and couldn't get any big fights and was scared to move up? Imagine Broner staying at 135 beating everybody but not moving up. I wanna see this fight but if lil g can't get a big fight after this, stop wasting time and move up and fight much better comp who is not afraid or straight garbage. And 90% of 160 straight garbage
                  Let's not pretend that GGG hasn't said that he'll move up once he unifies the division.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet_Science2 View Post

Ward has one HOF bound scalp, Froch. Ggg offered him the full weight and hometown concession Froch said he'd swerve him like the plague

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                      Anything is possible, he definitely has the confidence which might actually be his downfall and it might be his saving grace. He could show up and take it to GGG or he could put himself right in range for some heavy artillery. He did say that he has his dad's chin, so he might be able to take what GGG can dish out.

I'll definitely give him credit if he goes through with the fight because I've never seen a guy avoided so much. So what, the guy might hit like a tank but he's just a man, and all these guys are professional boxers, this is what they do, what they get paid millions to do. It's just time this charade comes to an end, time for boxers to take pride in their work.
                      To be fair to the duckers, this guy is balking at £3m, wants 6. Many of those guys would fight him for $4m, nm 8.

Comment

Working...
                      X