No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mark it Down: Anthony Joshua Will Make Heavyweight History

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greyweather View Post
    LMAOOOO!!! The hate is unreal! Why is it whenever an exciting fighter comes along people have to be so bitter and try to drag them down? He keeps KNOCKING PEOPLE OUT. HE LOOKS LIKE A HEAVYWEIGHT SHOULD LOOK. HE COMES ACROSS AS HUMBLE!

So many people hated on pacquaio because he was lighting people up and was humble. So many people hate on GGG because he's lighting people up and he is humble. Now it's Joshua's turn.

What exactly has he done wrong? So someone who sold a bit of weed to make ends meet is forever a criminal and a terrible person? So he banged some strippers? You telling me you would say HEY NO STAY AWAY THAT IS JUST COMPLETELY UNHOLY GOD WILL NOT APPROVE IF I BANG YOUR SWEET KITTY! Oh my days. People in general, not just on here but life in general are bitter and jealous. What do you exactly want him to do that will make you happy.

The guy gets up in early in the morning and clearly works his a$$ off. He's had 16 fights. Why are you complaining about his competition. Who was klitschko fighting 16 fights in, or fury, or wilder? He had 15 fights and fought the weakest heavyweight champion. Was he supposed to fight the best? His first defence is better than wilders. Undefeated high KO ratio and a big athletic dude.

A mans personal life is his personal life. As long as he is working hard and showing people from disadvantaged backgrounds success is possible for them too - while being pretty damn cool and humble at the same time - then what more do you want in a role model.

Give the guy a break when you have a special talent you BUILD it slowly. Every fight is a risk. Why throw him in with high risk low reward 16 fights in? If you shout your mouth off like mayweather did and you a 17 year pro saying you the best then take the high risk fights. Hell even Conor Mcgreggor if you talking like that take the big risk fights (he did). If you still a baby in the game 16 fights and 100% KO record and world champ. BRAVO. Most of you couldn't last 1 minute of 1 round of sparring let alone win an amateur or professional fight.. Winning a world title once against the weakest champion ever in any weight division would be the biggest achievement in the whole family tree of 99% of the posters on here. Remember that. FACT.
    This is a good post LOL'd at "sweet kitty" and I agree with most of what you said. But two problems people have are this:

1. AJ shat on Fury and implied that he was not carrying the title honorably. I don't care what AJ does in his personal life but people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Nothing rubs people the wrong way quite like hypocrisy.

2. (Admittedly this is more of an issue with Hearn than AJ, although I think AJ is a willing participant): AJ is still at the learning stage, but Hearn is selling him as THE champion and has successfully marginalized Fury (THE REAL CHAMPION) in the minds of the British public. Every garbage fight AJ has is on PPV and selling WELL--and shrewd fans of the sport can easily see Hearn & AJ continuing to ride this gravy train FOR A LONG WHILE until he actually has to fight somebody.

Comment

Originally posted by djt117 View Post
      This is a good post LOL'd at "sweet kitty" and I agree with most of what you said. But two problems people have are this:

1. AJ shat on Fury and implied that he was not carrying the title honorably. I don't care what AJ does in his personal life but people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Nothing rubs people the wrong way quite like hypocrisy.

2. (Admittedly this is more of an issue with Hearn than AJ, although I think AJ is a willing participant): AJ is still at the learning stage, but Hearn is selling him as THE champion and has successfully marginalized Fury (THE REAL CHAMPION) in the minds of the British public. Every garbage fight AJ has is on PPV and selling WELL--and shrewd fans of the sport can easily see Hearn & AJ continuing to ride this gravy train FOR A LONG WHILE until he actually has to fight somebody.
      AJ kinda reminds me of how the media perceived Mike Tyson when he first started out. In the early days of Mike Tyson's heavyweight reign he was considered a media darling. Mike Tyson was the guy that had come from less than nothing, met an old man and in true American dream style made himself into something, he had a winning smile, was polite, built like an Adonis and eloquent & humble.

Eventually his true colours showed through, and i think the same with happen with Joshua. He's still a nasty piece of work deep down, and no amount of media training from Hearn will completely wipe it out.

Comment

Originally posted by BigOneFromCuba View Post
        Luis Ortiz is the all around best HW out right now. This is just fact.
        Yes, yes it is

Comment

Joshua is a BUM waiting to get KTFO - we will all see this soon and rejoice.

Hearn/Matchroom don't give 2 ****s about Joshua they just wanna cash him out for that Tyson 2Fast Fury BIG payday. (probably a good 20%)

Comment

Joshua is a BUM waiting to get KTFO - we will all see this soon and rejoice.

Hearn/Matchroom don't give 2 ****s about Joshua they just wanna cash him out for that Tyson 2Fast Fury BIG payday. (probably a good 20%)

Comment

Originally posted by The D3vil View Post
              Yes, yes it is
              With a p4p list like that, excuse me if i don't take you seriously!

Comment

joshua will make history by knocking a mans head clean off. that mans name will be dominic breazele.

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
                  You got something against Nigerians?
                  Why would you think that?

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur Daley View Post
                    Why would you think that?
                    Mentioning someone's ethnicity when the topic at hand has absolutely nothing to do with that usually indicates a bias of some sort.

Comment

Originally posted by BigOneFromCuba View Post
                      Luis Ortiz is the all around best HW out right now. This is just fact.
                      No it isn't. It's an opinion, albeit one with some merit behind it.

Ortiz is a quality performer, no doubt, but there are still questions around him. Specifically, how well does he do against a tall boxer mover like Fury or Wlad, how does he hold up over the full stretch, how does he cope with getting hurt?

I think, based on the way he handled Jennings alone, he's a top five fighter, but his resume thus far doesn't give us the sort of depth of information needed to form a truly well-rounded picture of him. I hope he gets a couple of big fights before his age begins to catch up with him, as his window is quite small, and he's currently in the who needs him camp. I'd love for Fury to target him after he gets done with Wlad.

Comment

Working...
                      X