No announcement yet.

Frankie Gavin vs Denton Vassell RBR & discussion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frankie Gavin vs Denton Vassell RBR & discussion

Two undefeated British prospects, both very good amateurs.

Gavin is the more skilled, better boxer but Vassell is a hungry, supremely strong and conditioned hard man.

This will be a good fight.

Didn't vassell get a gift decision against some african? I seem to remember something like that happening.
    Last edited by eli porter; 06-28-2013, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by eli porter View Post
      Didn't vassell get a gift decision against some african? I seem to remember something like that happening.

Ushamane or something? It was a close fight I think people was more enraged by how wide the judges had it.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
        Ushamane or something? It was a close fight I think people was more enraged by how wide the judges had it.
        The fact that the judges had the intention of robbing him is bad enough, even if it was close. All I remember of that fight is Vassel walking forward and landing fuck all.

Comment

Going to have to miss this one as I have just found out I am out tonight.

Comment

Gavin to up his game and post a comfortable UD. I could be wrong, in which case we might see a Sauders-Blackwell sort of fight.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerbreadman View Post
              Gavin to up his game and post a comfortable UD. I could be wrong, in which case we might see a Sauders-Blackwell sort of fight.
              If Gavin cant hurt or discourage Vassell then this kind of fight is definitely a possibility. I'd like to see Gavin hold his ground and plant his feet a little in the first few rounds to stop Vassell from rolling forward...

Comment

This one will be a cracker.

Comment

Vasell by stoppage, he's a local boy and people in town who have sparred him have commented on his recent hike in power. I believe he is underrated and will cause problems for the British fighters most certainly.

Comment

Odds have dropped on Gavin, was 1/2 is now 2/5... probably more to do with people not knowing about Vassell than anything

Comment

Working...
                    X