No announcement yet.

Red Dead Redemption 2

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    RDR2 changed how open world games will be done, forever. Will is a straight ******. If it was a British game he would figure out a way to give it oral.
    If it was created by Rockstar then us Brits are claiming it.

Rockstar after all are a British company and their biggest development team are Rockstar North based in Scotland.

Comment

• Finally got round to finishing this game.

Graphics: 9.5/10
      Story: 8.5/10
      Gameplay: 7/10
      Music: 9.5/10

I didn't think they'd be able to top John Marston from RDR1 but Arthur Morgan is an absolute beast...more interesting than John Marston. The main story was pretty damn great, so many different turns and different settings. From mansion parties in St Denis to battling it out in the woods on the outskirts of Strawberry. Love how many places had their own charm, like Rhodes felt different to Valentine, St Denis as a city felt different to Blackwater which was a large town. In the original RDR1, fast travel was used ALL of the time everywhere because travelling by horse just got really boring by mid game, just too time consuming. In RDR2 there wasn't enough fast travel imo. I spent SO much time travelling in this game by horse that is and the annoying bounty system was broken imo. It just discouraged any fun anywhere near a town area. Having to walk around in the camp was also majorly annoying too, let me run dude.

Those who haven't finished it, complete it. It starts off pretty slow imo, gets better but mid game I found it a chore to play in areas but i'd say the last 30% of the game is BRILLIANT. Has some quality of life issues and pacing issues in areas. The gunplay is pretty bland tbh and at times downright annoying. If they sorted these problems out, I could have definitely rated it higher but at this stage i'll have to give it a 8/10. I gave God of War a 9/10 (lack of boss fights and length of game). The Last of Us was a 10/10 for me. Witcher 3 was a 9.5/10 (starts off fairly slow, combat felt slightly clunky at the start).

Comment

• Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
        Anybody still playin online? Less than enthused about what Ive seen so far. What im earning all this money for? Guns and ammo?
        Buy a fast horse. It will really cut down on the tedium if travelling between points.

Comment

• Originally posted by hayZ View Post
          Finally got round to finishing this game.

Graphics: 9.5/10
          Story: 8.5/10
          Gameplay: 7/10
          Music: 9.5/10

I didn't think they'd be able to top John Marston from RDR1 but Arthur Morgan is an absolute beast...more interesting than John Marston. The main story was pretty damn great, so many different turns and different settings. From mansion parties in St Denis to battling it out in the woods on the outskirts of Strawberry. Love how many places had their own charm, like Rhodes felt different to Valentine, St Denis as a city felt different to Blackwater which was a large town. In the original RDR1, fast travel was used ALL of the time everywhere because travelling by horse just got really boring by mid game, just too time consuming. In RDR2 there wasn't enough fast travel imo. I spent SO much time travelling in this game by horse that is and the annoying bounty system was broken imo. It just discouraged any fun anywhere near a town area. Having to walk around in the camp was also majorly annoying too, let me run dude.

Those who haven't finished it, complete it. It starts off pretty slow imo, gets better but mid game I found it a chore to play in areas but i'd say the last 30% of the game is BRILLIANT. Has some quality of life issues and pacing issues in areas. The gunplay is pretty bland tbh and at times downright annoying. If they sorted these problems out, I could have definitely rated it higher but at this stage i'll have to give it a 8/10. I gave God of War a 9/10 (lack of boss fights and length of game). The Last of Us was a 10/10 for me. Witcher 3 was a 9.5/10 (starts off fairly slow, combat felt slightly clunky at the start).
          So finished the story and 100% of the game?

Comment

• Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
            So finished the story and 100% of the game?
            Na. I've finished the main story, did quite a lot of the side missions but if i'm honest I slowed down on the side missions towards the end simply because the travel on horse was getting really tiresome and because i've got other games to play and I was sat on RDR2 for a long time.

Comment

• Originally posted by hayZ View Post
              Na. I've finished the main story, did quite a lot of the side missions but if i'm honest I slowed down on the side missions towards the end simply because the travel on horse was getting really tiresome and because i've got other games to play and I was sat on RDR2 for a long time.
              Yeah the travel is the biggest flaw in the game.

Comment

• I'm still playing it and loving it. I mostly did treasure hunting and exploring when I got it so I still have a ton of story left. When I need to settle down and de-stress, there's nothing else like it.

I heard they're changing the online mode so you can play it without getting involved in the competitive stuff as much so I might go back to that.

Comment

Working...
                X