No announcement yet.

Serious Question. Who has the better Resume DSG or GGG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious Question. Who has the better Resume DSG or GGG

I like both guys. But i just don't see how you can rank GGGs resume over DSG.

Im curious to see whats yall opinions are

Btw official wins only so no Canelo.
    Last edited by KillaMane26; 11-15-2019, 05:07 PM.

GGG good official wins - SD, Jacobs, Murray, Lemieux
    DSG good official wins - Khan, Matthyse

I think GGG pretty clearly...which makes sense since he is 37 and DSG 31...has quite a few more quality wins as well...guys like Ouma, Brook, Monroe, Geale, Stevens etc....compared to guys like Judah, Peterson, and Paulie etc for DSG.

I really just want to see how those who swear by DSG having a much better resume than GGG spin all of that into somehow saying DSG has the much better resume...just makes 0 sense to me.

Comment

Similarish I'd say. Probably best way to do it given that it ain't possible to directly compare divisions and the impossibility of avoiding bias of one sort or another is to look at the rankings of their various opponents at the time they fought 'em. TBRB would be my first choice, but some of Dannys decent wins came before it's inauguration, so maybe ring too. Suppose it also depends to agree how you weigh losses and what importance you attach to dominance.

Funnily enough whilst I ain't a fan of Boxrec for anything other than reference puposes it could be kinda useful here, cos that is literally what it is, a comparison of resumes freed from human bias (though whether you agree with their algorithms and the built in biases rewarding KOs and stuff is a different question).
      Last edited by Citizen Koba; 11-15-2019, 03:51 PM.

Comment

All I know is Danny’s wife got a phatass and a very colorful and happy family.

GGG, never invites his wife and kids anywhere. Legend has it that GGG’s “wife” is always locked at home like a “good girl.”

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing_1013 View Post
          GGG good official wins - SD, Jacobs, Murray, Lemieux
          DSG good official wins - Khan, Matthyse

I think GGG pretty clearly...which makes sense since he is 37 and DSG 31...has quite a few more quality wins as well...guys like Ouma, Brook, Monroe, Geale, Stevens etc....compared to guys like Judah, Peterson, and Paulie etc for DSG.

I really just want to see how those who swear by DSG having a much better resume than GGG spin all of that into somehow saying DSG has the much better resume...just makes 0 sense to me.
          How you have the boldness to rate the Murray and Lemieux fights as good wins is beyond me.

If you're going to count Murray, you may as well count Campbell, Holt, and Peterson too.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
            How you have the boldness to rate the Murray and Lemieux fights as good wins is beyond me.

If you're going to count Murray, you may as well count Campbell, Holt, and Peterson too.
            See that's kind of my point...it's almost like people don't even follow some divisions here...Murray just came off a 'win' vs Sergio in Argentina before that GGG fight...and Sergio wasn't completely shot by that point.

Lemeiux was on a 9 fight win streak - and had a belt - including 7 KOs and 2 wins over Ndam and Rosado...I mean how people can hate on those wins for GGG...just makes 0 sense really.

To put those guys in the same league as Campbell and Holt...I mean wut...I would struggle to put those 2 guys as quality wins at all for Danny...they would be like GGG beating Wade...which is about his 20th best win...and those guys are like the 12th best win probably for DSG.

So yeah the outrage you appear to have at someone listing Murray and Lemieux as good wins...and you wanting to put literal 'whos' in there for Danny...I mean wut.
            Last edited by Boxing_1013; 11-15-2019, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
              Similarish I'd say. Probably best way to do it given that it ain't possible to directly compare divisions and the impossibility of avoiding bias of one sort or another is to look at the rankings of their various opponents at the time they fought 'em. TBRB would be my first choice, but some of Dannys decent wins came before it's inauguration, so maybe ring too.

Funnily enough whilst I ain't a fan of Boxrec for anything other than reference puposes it could be kinda useful here, cos that is literally what it is, a comparison of resumes freed from human bias (though whether you agree with their algorithms and the built in biases rewarding KOs and stuff is a different question).
              Right and boxrec has GGG at 3 pfp...and Danny is like 15th...but I'm sure people will try to explain that away too...even though as you said, boxrec is pretty much the best way to compare official resumes, since all they are doing is ranking guys based on official wins.

Would need to discount some wins and prop some others up in that case...but that would probably affect Danny worse here...he has 3 wins over Erik Morales and Zab Judah which would probably be rated as way better wins than they should be at that time.

Comment

GGG has the higher quality wins at the top of his resume, Danny Garcia has more wins against recognizable name fighters.

I understand both arguments.

Comment

Danny lost his toughest fights so I’d give the slight edge to ggg

Had Danny beat either Thurman or porter id give him the edge

Comment

Danny Garcia obviously has a MUCH better resume than Golovkin

the only posters who disagree are casuals, who have no clue about levels

so yea... not surprised to see the usual class-clown frantically waving his GGG1013-flag

Comment

Working...
                    X