Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone here gotten LASIK / Corrective Eye Surgery?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone here gotten LASIK / Corrective Eye Surgery?

It seems like everyone knows at least one person with a Lasik horror story but we don't hear too much about those who were 100% satisfied. If you do the proper research on a reputable surgeon, the chances of something going wrong are slim to none in today's day and age. And the procedure, or so I've heard, is quick and easy. Much quicker than in previous years. If done correctly, the moment you wake up post-surgery nap (you have to go to sleep as soon as you get home and wear these funky goggles) your vision should be either 20/20, or in many cases BETTER than 20/20.

I'm thinking about getting it done but like any sane person I still have my doubts.

I'm not totally against glasses, I have a real nice pair of RayBans and have gotten compliments from so many women about how handsome and sophisticated I look in them but it's not all about the looks. Having to wear glasses 24/7 is a pain all around. My vision is horrible without them. And I wore contacts for many years. It's just too annoying to deal with.

Glasses/contact wearers, have you considered getting Lasik? If you're in the L.A. area I'll send you a link to the surgeon who I want to do my procedure.

You're still gonna be white even after you fix your eyes bro

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
      You're still gonna be white even after you fix your eyes bro
      I don't follow?

Is it hard to get contacts in and out of your eyes btw? The lack of eyelids make it seem as it would be. I have an Asian friend who said his eyes were too small for contacts.
      Last edited by Nubia; 03-10-2016, 03:08 AM.

Comment

As I suspected, you're a geeky wiggger. Thanks for confirming it.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
          As I suspected, you're a geeky wiggger. Thanks for confirming it.
          People who wear glasses are all geeks and/or wigger's?

What do you call a "hardened" tatted up Canadian who's addicted to drugs then?

Oh and what did you mean with this post by the way;

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
          Tonight was the first night I've watched ufc in years and it delivered on its biggest stage. Fighters in ufc go for the kill while boxers drag out points decisions. Boxing deserves to die. It won't be missed.
          I don't understand. If you hate boxing enough for you to wish it was dead, why are you on a boxing forum?
          Last edited by Nubia; 03-10-2016, 03:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Omowale Tribe View Post
            I don't follow?

Is it hard to get contacts in and out of your eyes btw? The lack of eyelids make it seem as it would be. I have an Asian friend who said his eyes were too small for contacts.
            Wtf, your eyes can't be too small for contacts lmao. Whoever told you that is plain ******ed.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchAndShoot View Post
              Wtf, your eyes can't be too small for contacts lmao. Whoever told you that is plain ******ed.
              He said he had a hard time getting them in and out and assumed it was because of his small eyelids. He couldn't stand glasses because he had no nose bridge and they kept sliding down. But then again he was Chinese.

Comment

I have a friend that wore glasses all his life(thick like bottom of a pop bottle) and he got the surgery and now he doesn't need glasses at all.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
                  I have a friend that wore glasses all his life(thick like bottom of a pop bottle) and he got the surgery and now he doesn't need glasses at all.
                  That's great for him. I hear most places charge around $1500 per eye.

Is he 20/20? My only concern is halos. I hear that they can get pretty bad around lights at nighttime but it's supposed to go away after a week or so post surgery.

Comment

Originally posted by Omowale Tribe View Post
                    That's great for him. I hear most places charge around $1500 per eye.

Is he 20/20? My only concern is halos. I hear that they can get pretty bad around lights at nighttime but it's supposed to go away after a week or so post surgery.
                    I don't know about the side effects and I assume he has pretty good insurance because he has worked for the phone company forever.

The weird thing is that I have know him for years and he always wore those glasses while I always had perfect vision and now I need glasses while he doesn't.
                    Last edited by TBear; 03-10-2016, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X