No announcement yet.

Does money bring happiness?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
    Those unhappy Lotto winners can give their money to me.
    They probably blew it all.

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post
      They probably blew it all.
      Understandable why they'd be unhappy if that's the case.

Comment

Yes it does, and no it doesn't.

The whole "money doesn't make you happy" thing is very vague.

It's true that millions of dollars won't make you happier, but there's a certain amount of money that make humans happy. And that is the amount of money that covers your needs or your families needs.

Being in debt and working to pay debt is stressful, and can make anyone unhappy. Especially a medium sized family. When you can't buy your kids anything they want at all, i'm not even talking about spoiling them, just that one nice gift for xmas, that's sad.

If you already have enough money to cover your needs but you want more to buy Gucci bags, go on shopping sprees in the mall, or buy that $5k 75 inch 4k TV, you probably won't bring much happiness into your life.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          I think most of us think that early on cuz most of us don't have much starting out & just see all these great things you wanna do now that people with money can do any time they want. It kinda brainwashes us all I believe.

Do you just not feel happy or are there specific things that are making you feel unhappy? Do more sh^t that makes you happy or get those those that make you feel unhappy out of your life brother.
          Im not sure what makes me unhappy but i see no purpose.. i need a new goal but i dont know what that is.

I realized that it was about the small things all along. Anticipating for that big boxing match on a saturday night makes me happy.. talking bullsht and chatting boxing with you guys make me happy. Being able to sit in my man cave watching movies makes me happy. None of these activities require much money. Isnt that funny?

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
            Do you broke dudes think money will make you happy?
            What about you guys who made it in life... are you happy?
            if the only thing that bring you suffering is lack of money then yes money can bring happiness.. it takes away stress from debt, bills and you can eat and travel and buy whatever you want..

if you got issues or source of you suffering that no amount of money can solve.. then no.. like for example.. DARKSEID ugly face that mfer can have a billion $$ and still be depressed

Comment

no matter what though.. it's a lot better to be depressed with money.. than depressed and poor..

Comment

Depends on the individual. If you are one of those people who gets a new thing and is bored with it after a few weeks and is constantly looking for the next, new shiny thing, then you will never be happy. You will just have more money to buy more expensive shiny things, then generally don't make you any more happy.

Money provides a safety net. It can alleviate stress. You don't worry about rent, bills, your next meal, bill collectors. You don't have to flip a coin to decide if you are going to pay the phone bill or the cable bill this month. It provides some freedom if you have enough of it that you no longer have to work for a living. No one to answer to.

I grew up poor. Now I am comfortably middle class. I will say when I grew up poor, friends and family were a little closer knit. But I know what it is like to go hungry, to have lights shut off, eviction notices, and watch families go at each other from the stress of not making ends meet. Money won't bring you inner peace. Happiness is fleeting anyway. But it certainly makes life easier.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
                  Im not sure what makes me unhappy but i see no purpose.. i need a new goal but i dont know what that is.

I realized that it was about the small things all along. Anticipating for that big boxing match on a saturday night makes me happy.. talking bullsht and chatting boxing with you guys make me happy. Being able to sit in my man cave watching movies makes me happy. None of these activities require much money. Isnt that funny?
                  Yes it is.

Happiness requires $0 in your bank account.

Comment

Y'all still trying g to find a clevet way to take digs at floyd

Comment

Originally posted by B.UTLER View Post
                      no matter what though.. it's a lot better to be depressed with money.. than depressed and poor..
                      LOL you aren't wrong there, but I think everyone should aim higher with that failsafe goal of being depressed with money.

I think I'd rather be happy with x dollars in the bank then depressed with 5 times x dollars in the bank. And probably more than 5 times x dollars. Not being able to be happy & enjoy yourself isn't worth that extra money to me. I'm sure there are a lot of people who'd disagree & I bet it might even be most people who'd disagree with me & would favor more money over happiness.

Comment

Working...
                      X