No announcement yet.

What happens to Frankie Gomez and Jose Benavidez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happens to Frankie Gomez and Jose Benavidez

Last I heard Benavidez was shot but that's it no word on how has recovered or anything. Gomez had his best win yet last year and that's it no one has heard from him and I feel he can def be a big player at 147. He is the only guy to successfully beat Herrera convincingly.

Freddie Roach says Gomez hasn't shown up to the gym.

I'm not sure. Haven't heard anything from either.

Comment

I thought I heard Jose got shot in the hand &/or knee & would sound like injuries that could impact or end his career depending on the severity of them. Lil details have been released about that last I looked into it. I mean if you get a finger blown off, surgically reattached or just a extreme injury to your hand can you even get a boxing license?

And Frankie just sounds like a f#ck up &/or unmotivated type cat who doesn't appreciate the skills & opportunity he has. Its f#cked up, but it happens all the time. I'm sure we've all met talented people in whatever field that just neglected that superior skill they maybe learned or adapted to too easily or had other sh^t they were more drawn to going on that just took away from them fulfilling what shoulda/coulda been their destiny.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        I thought I heard Jose got shot in the hand &/or knee & would sound like injuries that could impact or end his career depending on the severity of them. Lil details have been released about that last I looked into it. I mean if you get a finger blown off, surgically reattached or just a extreme injury to your hand can you even get a boxing license?

And Frankie just sounds like a f#ck up &/or unmotivated type cat who doesn't appreciate the skills & opportunity he has. Its f#cked up, but it happens all the time. I'm sure we've all met talented people in whatever field that just neglected that superior skill they maybe learned or adapted to too easily or had other sh^t they were more drawn to going on that just took away from them fulfilling what shoulda/coulda been their destiny.
        **See Francisco Bojado**

Comment

And Prince Patel

Comment

Originally posted by Blue54 View Post
            Last I heard Benavidez was shot but that's it no word on how has recovered or anything. Gomez had his best win yet last year and that's it no one has heard from him and I feel he can def be a big player at 147. He is the only guy to successfully beat Herrera convincingly.
            Mike Alvarado had his way with Herrera.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
              Mike Alvarado had his way with Herrera.
              Not like Gomez Herrera was actually fighting back with Mike Gomez just made him lay there and take it.

Comment

Seen a Youtube video with David Benavidez and his father talking about thier last fight and at one point the interviewer asked them about Jose... His dad said that Jose was ready to get back to work soon or already doiing some gym work. (I was FadeD when is seen the video)

Comment

I don't know maybe they should fight and the winner gets to retire

Comment

Not like Gomez Herrera was actually fighting back with Mike Gomez just made him lay there and take it.
                    That was an older version of Herrera that Gomez fought. And Herrera was prime when he fought Alvarado and Alvarado did more damage to Herrera than Gomez did. Alvarado had seized control, and was teeing off on Herrera, who's eye was completely closed by rounds 9 and 10. So NO, Gomez is not the only one who clearly beat Herrera, Alvarado did too and when Herrera was fighting at his best.
                    Last edited by richardt; 06-12-2017, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X