This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
    Apart from breaking virtually every single PL record (Points/goals/wins/consecutive wins/GD/Earliest winner/Points margin) that stands, in the same campaign? What else do you want?

Everyone pretty much knew the league was done in about December. No other team (that I can remember) has held that accolade, there has at least been some semblance of a title race in the other years.
    Chelsea have definitely been more or less been crowned champs within that sort of period as well.

City are dominating champs. You can bracket them all under the same heading.

Annoyingly Arsenal are the invincibles even though they obviously weren’t the better than a whole raft of Chelsea, United, and this City team.

Comment

• I was hoping for Bayern in the final tbh, we would have torn them to shreds. Pep really did a number on that club in such a short space of time.

Comment

• The only place Pep would get an objective look by his own club supporters is Chelsea.

Can’t expect Fenomeno to see City’s season as anything other than special.

To be fair to him though, if Pep was at United, Arsenal, Spurs, or Pool. You lot would be the same as Fenomeno.

Only at Chelsea would Pep get the honest look. Jaded and spoiled, we’d say great job winning the Prem.... why we didn’t make the final of the CL?

Hell, Conte won the prem with a 10th place side who also set some records (before city broke them) and very few Chelsea supporters even want him to stay.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
          There's a difference between winning it and absolutely dominating it in a fashion never seen in our lifetimes. It's been a La Liga/Bundesliga-style procession, something people thought couldn't be done in the ultra-competitive Premier League.

There's loads of variables to winning a CL. We were **** in that first game against Liverpool and we deserved to go out on balance, but City weren't helped by a few things not going in our favour in the tie. Pep got sent off after complaining about what was the 4th massive decision to go against us in the 2 games (Salah offside goal/Jesus onside goal/Sterling stonewall pen/Sane onside goal). I think most coaches would've been similarly fuming.

We deserved to be eliminated I thought but realistically you're never getting through with that many things going wrong for you over 180 minutes.

I don't subscribe to him necessarily failing with Bayern in the CL either. At that stage you need a bit of luck, as said. I remember them absolutely hammering Atletico for 2 legs and going out somehow. I wouldn't say Bayern have failed in the CL this season, they deserve to be in the final. Too easy to look at results and cast a final judgement in knockout football, results don't always tell the full story. League positions on the other hand....

I am butthurt. Feel like we would've dealt with Real Madrid in a final.
          That's not really true though man.. United had completely dominant title wins as have Chelsea.. In United's case I remember Fergie playing youths/reserves for the last 4-5 games on a couple of seasons.. so yeah the points total wasn't as big but it was very clear cut.. credit to City for keeping the foot down on the gas I guess

Can I ask you though.. do you believe that this City team is better then United's 99 or 2007-9ish teams.. or the top Chelsea sides? Both of which competed on all fronts.. simply because they got 100 points?

A lot of people act like the untouchables/invincible Arsenal side which went unbeaten in the league was some great side.. but they failed in Europe and domestic cups and never retained the league like Chelsea or United..

In fact didn't Arsenal lose to Chelsea in Europe that year also?

Depends if pep continues to win the league I guess..

I disagree with the overall view in here that Madrid didn't deserve to make the final.. the games vs Juve and PSG were close and hard fought.. but Ronaldo/Marcelo made the difference.. Ramos being suspended gave Juve the chance to get back into the 2nd leg.. can't blame them for Bayern missing chances either..

+ Juve.. PSG.. Bayern is far harder run then City.. Porto and Roma lol

Madrid definetly deserve it

Comment

• Suddenly Martial and Darmian get the start.

I don’t know how any United player bar Matic can want to play for Jose.

Darmian should’ve already been bought by Chelsea. Italian wingback and all.

And Martial, he better not fall for the rope a dope from Jose. Jose did the same with Shaw and that boy’s career is shot now.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
              Suddenly Martial and Darmian get the start.

I don’t know how any United player bar Matic can want to play for Jose.

Darmian should’ve already been bought by Chelsea. Italian wingback and all.

And Martial, he better not fall for the rope a dope from Jose. Jose did the same with Shaw and that boy’s career is shot now.
              Man United have so many talented players absolutely crazy how bad Mourhino makes them look

This guy used to be so close knit with inter and his first Chelsea team.. since then he got to Madrid and he's been an even bigger **** and falls out with everyone

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                The only place Pep would get an objective look by his own club supporters is Chelsea.

Can’t expect Fenomeno to see City’s season as anything other than special.

To be fair to him though, if Pep was at United, Arsenal, Spurs, or Pool. You lot would be the same as Fenomeno.

Only at Chelsea would Pep get the honest look. Jaded and spoiled, we’d say great job winning the Prem.... why we didn’t make the final of the CL?

Hell, Conte won the prem with a 10th place side who also set some records (before city broke them) and very few Chelsea supporters even want him to stay.
                Oh yeah, you down the bridge every week are ya?

Comment

• I don't think it matters, people know how Chelsea fans are. You see how the board handles managers. 1 + 1 mate.

Brighton though. Little Knockeart looking like Ribery out there.

Comment

• Winning just the league and a tinpot carling cup is not a special season .

Liverpool utterly destroyed the illusion of City being anything other than a decent team in a poor league.

Comment

• Even after the leg break, Coleman is class. Good to see him still playing to a high level.

Comment

Working...
                      X