No announcement yet.

It wasn't a stamina issue for AJ, he got rocked being reckless again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
    No he didn't. Watch Joshua walk back to the corner after that 2nd round against Whyte, he couldn't even walk in a straight line and barely knew which way to go, he was heading towards the middle of the ropes.

It definitely took him time to recover against Whyte too. Even Froch said his worry about Joshua is his recovery and that he stiffened up for a couple of rounds after Whyte hurt him. He might not have been on queer street for a few rounds, but he wasn't throwing like he usually does and was stiff.
    I watched the fight multiplte times bro. He was nowhere near as hurt against Dillian Whyte. He shook that off the same round. Wlad had him on Mars though. That mutha****a can punch!

Comment

He was completely gassed after the 5th rnd barrage, his sheer size + all that muscle really takes it out of him when he unloads. He then got tagged, so double combo, exhausted + a serious chin check from Wlad.

Took him about 3rnds to recover Id say. He became more gun shy after that to conserve enough for 1 one barrage it would seem.

Comment

Originally posted by Hov View Post
        I watched the fight multiplte times bro. He was nowhere near as hurt against Dillian Whyte. He shook that off the same round. Wlad had him on Mars though. That mutha****a can punch!
        I never said he had him hurt as bad as Wlad did but there's no way Joshua shook that off quickly.

He might have shook it off QUICKER, but Joshua still took a couple of rounds to get back on his game against Whyte.

His recovery time just isn't that fast, he stays hurt. It is what it is and it's shown the two times he's been hurt in fights. I'm not taking anything away from him, he got the job done but lets just say it how it is.

Comment

He clearly punched himself out. His punches were slower and he was breathing heavy, then Wlad made his comeback over the second half of the 5th.

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
            He was gassed. He started to fade a round before. I think he started too fast. He recovered well and didn't lose his composure. He's also has a lot heart.
            https://youtu.be/g4V-wdxHE4Y?t=15m30s

nah bro, he wasn't gassed. He was stalking Wlad right after he knocked him down and Wlad threw a left hook from Ukraine and caught him. It's right after that when he starts to slow down. He wasn't tired, he was dazed. It's not a stamina issue.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
              I never said he had him hurt as bad as Wlad did but there's no way Joshua shook that off quickly.

He might have shook it off QUICKER, but Joshua still took a couple of rounds to get back on his game against Whyte.

His recovery time just isn't that fast, he stays hurt. It is what it is and it's shown the two times he's been hurt in fights. I'm not taking anything away from him, he got the job done but lets just say it how it is.
              It wasn't just one shot though, Wlad hit him with some follow up power shots too. If he was chinny he would have been out cold bro.

Comment

he was dead tired, dude is huge. he was breathing hard for the remaining of the fight, 6 or 7 rounds.

Comment

It wasn't just one shot though, Wlad hit him with some follow up power shots too. If he was chinny he would have been out cold bro.
                  When did i say he was chinny?

I said he doesn't recover quickly from being hurt. They are two very different things. Each fighter is different, some get hurt and their heads become clear quickly. Some take a while to shake off the effects of being hurt, and Joshua is one of them.

I'm not knocking him, it's just the truth.

If you want to see someone who gets hurt and recovers fast, check out Floyd v Mosley. Floyd was HURT by those shots but he literally took over the round by the end of the round and looked fresh again in the next round like he hadn't really been hurt. Joshua just doesn't have a fast recovery time it seems, but plenty of fighters don't.

As i say, i'm not saying he's bad, or chinny or whatever else, it's just calling a spade a spade.
                  Last edited by deathofaclown; 04-29-2017, 08:01 PM.

Comment

He punched himself out, but Wlad didn't capitalize enough. AJ got a second wind then. It looked like Kirkland-Angulo but only that Kirkland had the youth and temperament to go after Angulo. Wlad is old and has a cautious boxing first style.

Comment

https://youtu.be/g4V-wdxHE4Y?t=15m30s

nah bro, he wasn't gassed. He was stalking Wlad right after he knocked him down and Wlad threw a left hook from Ukraine and caught him. It's right after that when he starts to slow down. He wasn't tired, he was dazed. It's not a stamina issue.
                      It's not really a stamina issue because he was able recover. However, he was clearly tired after he threw all the punches trying to get Klitschko out of there. Like I said, he started too fast, and the extra weight didn't help either. If he wasn't gassed he wouldn't have slowed his output for the next 3 rounds.

Comment

Working...
                      X