Lou DiBella doesn't want to ruin one of his moneymakers in Berto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -EX- View Post
    Yeah Martinez is his ace...

If Berto fights again this year it will probably be against Kotelnik...I don't think they would look at a Collazo rematch...no money, high risk fight...

2011, its time to take Berto's diaper off and throw him in there...
    Honestly I'd like to see him against Cintron, another fighter Dibella has.

Comment

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
      Honestly I'd like to see him against Cintron, another fighter Dibella has.
      That would be a respectable opponent...for right now at least...

It may have to be at 154 though...don't know if Cintron can make 147...or Berto moves up(he was talking about challenging Cotto himself anyway).

Comment

But protecting Berto could ruin his name too. DiBella should risk it. Sometimes having the first lost becomes the best thing for some boxers. i.e. Khan, P.Will..

And may be Dawson would be next to improve & bouce back strong.
        Rather than boxers being protected.

Comment

Honestly if Dibella was really that worried about protecting his fighters, Jermain Taylor and Paulie Malignaggi wouldn't have fought the fighters they have. If anything I think Dibella is willing a lot of the times to risk it.

The management might be Haymon and it's HBO letting Berto get away with that garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
            Honestly if Dibella was really that worried about protecting his fighters, Jermain Taylor and Paulie Malignaggi wouldn't have fought the fighters they have. If anything I think Dibella is willing a lot of the times to risk it.

The management might be Haymon and it's HBO letting Berto get away with that garbage.
            He doesn't talk the same about Berto as he has with Jermain or Paulie.. Haymon may in fact have a lot to do with it as well... and obviously HBO throwing up that money doesn't help either.

Comment

Public Enemy #1

?

Comment

I would like to see Berto vs Clottley. what do you guys think?

Comment

Dibella has been eating good off of Berto and HBO's stupidity/love affair, since Miguel Figueroa a few years back.

**** is strange with Berto though because they priced themselves out of the second round of negotiations for a Mosley fight. They could've easily taken most of what HBO was giving them and said Collazo rejected it. And who the **** knows why Cotto and Top Rank wouldn't want a fight against a defensive liability.

I don't want to see Berto waste HBO's money for **** fights anymore. I pay them for quality and they give me Berto junk. Collazo might get the rematch now that he said he can't make 147 (same thing they did with Quintana). I want to see Berto face Jones, Clottey, Mosley, Cotto, or just sit his ass on the sidelines.

Comment

Originally posted by clubpunch View Post
                    I would like to see Berto vs Clottley. what do you guys think?
                    Good fight, I think Clottey can beat him or at least make it a very, very good interesting fight. Clottey preys on fighters with bad defense and suspect stamina.

I want to see Berto face Jones, Clottey, Mosley, Cotto, or just sit his ass on the sidelines.

Comment

Boxing has become more about business and less about fighting and proving in the ring that you are the BEST and that goes for ALL OF THEM

at the same time I sometimes defend Berto because it is not all his fault, a lot of these guys are not trying to fight Berto EITHER obviously, if Berto was so overrated and not that good then guys should be rushing to fight him and take that title away but that is not the case at all
                      Last edited by sicko; 08-20-2010, 04:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X