No announcement yet.

Punching power muscles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Punching power muscles

I know that a lot of punching power comes from your form and stuff such as throwing weight but what muscles make your punch stronger too? I think it's chest and back but what else (and please correct me if I am wrong about the chest and back muscles)?

Originally posted by Hwann View Post
    I know that a lot of punching power comes from your form and stuff such as throwing weight but what muscles make your punch stronger too? I think it's chest and back but what else (and please correct me if I am wrong about the chest and back muscles)?

Ive noticed that most power punchers have nice lats...

Comment

Everything comes into play when throwing a punch, its not just your arms, chest back or legs its everything, you use your core alot as well with twisting movements its not just one specific muscle group its your whole body

Comment

Core strength is an absolute necessity, with powerful abdominals, obliques, and hips. It will also help a great deal to have strong shoulders. I don't personally feel that the chest is very substantial in developing punching power. Many great boxers that I see have a paper thin chest, and can still hit with amazing power.

Comment

Originally posted by Hwann View Post

you are looking down the wrong path. big developed muscles will always help, but until you have seen guys who are 5'6" and obviously not body building being able to fold large ex football players, you will have no idea what can be done with what you already have. if only you knew how to use and develope what you already have.

Comment

you are looking down the wrong path. big developed muscles will always help, but until you have seen guys who are 5'6" and obviously not body building being able to fold large ex football players, you will have no idea what can be done with what you already have. if only you knew how to use and develope what you already have.
            Actually I'm not going down path. I don't have much muscles and I don't want big ones. If I punch with pure muscles and no technique I'm not that strong but I practice the form and weight throwing and stuff so my punch hurts a lot more when I use technique. I was just wondering so I can work out those muscles to add to my technique as I get better. Just like a side thing.

Comment

Working...
            X