Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please!

Hey,
    I would appreciate some sound advice!
    I want to get back into shape. I’m well overweight at 120kg and 5’7 although I do still have some muscle although well hidden) from my bodybuilding days. 8 years- was big and cut.

But there lies the problem, I’m used to training with weight to failure, very intense and short and only hitting a body part once a week and sometimes once every ten days. A small amount of cardio each day and a very strict high protein diet. When it comes to other sports like boxing I don’t have a clue.

My goal: I have no desire to put on any muscle. I would like to keep what muscle I have and get ripped to the bone!

Will boxing reduce my muscle if my diets good?
    If I lose some muscle while boxing will this slow down my metabolism and stop my body burning fat?
    Can I work weights into my workout?
    Do I need to hit the body parts more than once a week, when I am weight training (as I am not breaking the muscle down)
    I suppose the overall question is can I get into awesome shape with the right mindset, diet and training with boxing?
    From my body building days I learnt less is sometimes more. For example training was very hard but very quick-small duration.

I have the time now to train 6 days a week(2.5 hrs a day) I assume boxers train much longer than bodybuilders)
    Where can I get sample work out plans with weights worked in to these plans?

Thanks for any advice:

I'm no expert, but I would say do lots of running (30+ min at a comfortable pace, yet make sure you are sweating).

Other then that keep up on the protein and go to boxing training.

You can incorporate your own lifting in here if you desire. Bodyweight exercises will keep you strong while you lose weight. Don't lift heavy but lower your weight and do high reps if you still want to do your lifting like bench press and squats etc.

Comment

hey, Thanks for your advice,appreciated

Comment

Working...
      X