• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
    Yup

The prime cuts are the short loin

Tbone, porterhouse, filet mignon, etc.
    I've never had luck with top sirloin. Its tasty but tough. I've sliced it thin and tenderized it with a mallet and sauted it with onions and peppers etc for a toasted sandwich or used it in stews but it's not a tender cut of beef. Rib Eye is my favorite.

Comment

I don't even eat steak often..maybe a few times a year and I get a lot of good reviews from how I cook mine.

I coat the steak in whatever seasoning you prefer. I like either a blackened seasoning personally. My gf does more or a garlic base so I use Adobo.

Coat the steak in the seasoning then I spray oil on it to keep the seasoning in. The skillet should be hot enough to cook each side in 2 minutes, but not too hot to sear it and burn it. I throw it on there, let it cook for 2-3 min then I flip it. Let it cook on the other side 2-3 min.

If the steak is thick after you cook the 2nd side 2-3 min. put a top on the skillet and turn the heat down to low or just off entirely. Let it steam cook for as long as you need.

By steaming it you keep it tender while you finish cooking it and the juices stay in there. It won't overcook this way unless you really **** it up.

I coat my steak in butter after it's done.

Comment

Cooking in a skillet should eliminate any chance of any meat you cook from being tough or dry. I'm not sure why everyone loves cooking stuff like chicken and steak on a grill. To me a skillet is the best way to cook meat and keep the juices in.

Comment

Try marinating it for 24 hours. Marinating can make even a crap cut of meat passible.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
            Cooking in a skillet should eliminate any chance of any meat you cook from being tough or dry. I'm not sure why everyone loves cooking stuff like chicken and steak on a grill. To me a skillet is the best way to cook meat and keep the juices in.
            Skillet is the best way to burn the outside while under cooking the inside imo

Sear the steak and throw it in the oven

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
              Skillet is the best way to burn the outside while under cooking the inside imo

Sear the steak and throw it in the oven
              i hate the idea of using two cooking things just to cook one thing. i want my damn steak done on the stove top, not a stove top and then the oven.

plus the oven makes my kitchen hot as fck and i sweat easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaolin Sword View Post
                i hate the idea of using two cooking things just to cook one thing. i want my damn steak done on the stove top, not a stove top and then the oven.

plus the oven makes my kitchen hot as fck and i sweat easily.
                Then fire up the grill and the problem is solved. 7 minutes on each side for medium doneness. Better yet, ask JAB. He's made a living cooking steaks and probably knows more about it than all of us.

Comment

Working...
                X