UFC in hot water after streaming app crashed for PPV

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    Idk about that.

I imagine when you are doing a situation like this there are multiple agreements with the profit split when a PPV is sold via Showtime, the UFC or a third party. So while Floyd is likely getting less money from a UFC PPV that sold vs a Showtime PPV that sold he's gonna take a hit for the UFC or anyone else dropping the ball or having issues.

That would be my expectation anyway. Maybe I'm incorrect in that assessment as obviously I didn't read the contract or anything.
    The thing is if Floyd is in on the agreement he wouldn't be responsible for issues or repaying the public for an issue that was not of his concern.

This is a UFC issue and their brand at stake, Floyd is going to want his cut either way. Which is probably why they can't just issue a refund they have to pay Floyd his cut which is going to be sizable.

Comment

Idk that they got a choice. They are gonna have to refund everyone with a reasonable claim or the bad PR here (+ exodus from Fight Pass) is gonna hurt and there WILL BE a class action lawsuit that'll likely f#ck them in the bank account + with PR.

So its a take one L or take two L's situation I think lol. Take the L not the double L. Easy decision here.
      Yea there really isn't a choice one option is bad, the other is cripplingly bad.

Comment

They won't issue refunds. They'll just offer them 50% off the next UFC PPV or they'll just comp the next UFC PPV entirely.

Comment

NO Fighters and promoters don't PAY for the Providers Company ERROR so NO it will NOT effect neither Mayweather or McGregor money. UFC will have to come out of pocket for that but if it is a Disclaimer that fans Agreed upon when they signed up for UFC TV saying they're not Liable if the site crash during a live event, then those fans are all FOOKED out of $100

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
            The thing is if Floyd is in on the agreement he wouldn't be responsible for issues or repaying the public for an issue that was not of his concern.

This is a UFC issue and their brand at stake, Floyd is going to want his cut either way. Which is probably why they can't just issue a refund they have to pay Floyd his cut which is going to be sizable.
            You can't invent money where it doesn't exist. You can't split the profit on services not provided, even if they were promised services lol. That sounds like some mafia "f#ck you pay me" type sh^t.

Idk that they can't just refund people when a service wasn't provided. Now does Floyd got a lawsuit against the UFC? Maybe. Idk the details with how they agreed to handle refunds, but I imagine thats the decider on how this gets dealt with & thats in the small print of this contract that none of us will likely ever see even if this does go to court.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
              They won't issue refunds. They'll just offer them 50% off the next UFC PPV or they'll just comp the next UFC PPV entirely.
              What if you a boxing fan and only bought this shyt because it was boxing and have no phuking interest in UFC? Or a casual fan who dont really buy these PPVs? Damn if they go that route it will probably pi ss folks off more.

Comment

You can't invent money where it doesn't exist. You can't split the profit on services not provided, even if they were promised services lol. That sounds like some mafia "f#ck you pay me" type sh^t.

Idk that they can't just refund people when a service wasn't provided. Now does Floyd got a lawsuit against the UFC? Maybe. Idk the details with how they agreed to handle refunds, but I imagine thats the decider on how this gets dealt with & thats in the small print of this contract that none of us will likely ever see even if this does go to court.
                It depends on where Floyd gets his cut from does he get his cut from revenue or profit? Normally it is profit but consider the situation Floyd didn't have to let UFC stream at all so he could be pulling from revenue. If he is pulling from revenue it is on them to pay out, then do whatever with their cut. Then they have a lawsuit either way, unless they come out of pocket which they obviously don't want to do. In that case Floyd's lawsuit would be stronger because he has contracts that will be pretty clear on the matter.
                Last edited by The Gambler1981; 08-27-2017, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Holystroke3 View Post
                  All I know is UFC won't get a penny out of Floyd for those refunds
                  Why should they? It was UFC's problem, not his.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                    That is going to be a tough issue for them, and costly either way.

Either they pay out and somewhat mitigate fan's anger costing them million, or they keep the money and damage the brand in those fans eyes also costing them millions. It is probably cheaper to pay out now because most fans if compensated will be forgiving and will pay down the road. Pissed off fans that feel cheated will unlikely give them a dime again, which will take years to make up that sort of lost market base.
                    Yup now it's about limiting the damage both are bad options but probably way cheaper in the long run just to issue full refunds rather then get hit with a class action lawsuit, have this drag out in the media, ruin the UFC brand and ultimately if they lose the lawsuit they will pay out much more money. But these crooks robbing fighters so won't shock me if they hold out robbing the fans.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                      Yup now it's about limiting the damage both are bad options but probably way cheaper in the long run just to issue full refunds rather then get hit with a class action lawsuit, have this drag out in the media, ruin the UFC brand and ultimately if they lose the lawsuit they will pay out much more money. But these crooks robbing fighters so won't shock me if they hold out robbing the fans.
                      Yea I can see the advantage to wait a tick not paying out right away while they get their ducks in a row but not refunding or offering fans something of equal or greater value (should probably be greater like 2 free PPV or a year of fight pass for free) in return is something that will hurt the brand for the better part of a decade.

Comment

Working...
                      X