No announcement yet.

Is Robert Guerrero a LEGIT Champioin??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
    Aydin was number 1 when they fought, that was for the interim belt.
    The interim belt is not you being a Champion..What's next??Should I respect the IBO strap as well??

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
      At WW,Bradley,Paulie and Floyd...All took their belt off the Champs...
      no he didn't

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
        Well if Floyd was stripped when he was supposed to then Guerrero-Berto would have been for the WBC Welterweight title, no?

So to answer the question, is he? no SHOULD he? yarrr
        So because Floyd went to jail for a few months he should have been stripped??I don't agree with that...

Comment

So because Floyd went to jail for a few months he should have been stripped??I don't agree with that...
          He didn't defend his title in over 12 months and still hasn't.

That's the argument for him being stripped of the title.

Anyone else, you better believe they'd have been stripped.

Comment

At WW,Bradley,Paulie and Floyd...All took their belt off the Champs...

Comment

what does Floyd going to jail have to do with making a title defense? he had the belt for over a year and didn't defend it. Thats why Aydin and Guerrero fought for the interim title, they were next in line for the belt.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

Good point there and I agree. Let's say if Floyd did get stripped, would it be fair to fight Berto for that belt in your eyes?

Comment

The interim belt is not you being a Champion..What's next??Should I respect the IBO strap as well??
                  Well, that is how the WBC does things plus the champion went and fought for a different organizations belt at a different weght class so in that case doing the interim champion thing does actually make some sense. Usually they then force the champion to decide but they have yet to do that like 8 months later, normally the champion would have been stripped and the interim champ would be elevated.

That is how they normally do it, you don't have to like their rules but they really aren't following their own rules.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtli. View Post
                    Aydin was ranked within the top 10 by Ring and Berto was removed after the PED scandal. Still, other websites like ESPN and Boxrec hadn't removed him.
                    Aydin was Top 10.

Berto would have been Top 10 if not for his suspension.
                    Cool I did not know if Aydin was ranked or not..I have not seen Robert beat a Champion or hear one of his fights was for a belt so I can't say the guy is a Champion...

This whole thing with Guerrero is reminding me so much of the whole Ortiz deal..So strange...

Comment

Thank god it's Floyd then..Cause their rules sucks...

Comment

Working...
                      X