X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
    Also what the hell is that Chelsea kit
    Nike make the ugliest kits in football by far the worse Chelsea kit in years

Comment

• warrior never change

Comment

• i think this year will be the start of the rise of EPL once again, rightnow they already have like 60% of football best managers. they still dont have the best players but with the big money keep pouring in and many young world class talents in disposal, it wont be long before they have the best player in the world too.

Comment

• I think probably 2 English clubs will get to the semi's.

Then you need a little luck because the teams will be so well matched

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
            I think probably 2 English clubs will get to the semi's.

Then you need a little luck because the teams will be so well matched
            that is whishfull thinking, i wont count on that. i think 4 of them will get out of the grup, and 2 or 3 will reach quarter final. none will reach semis.

barca, real, psg, bayern, atletico and juve still the strongest club in europe in the longterm season. i think the semis will still consist of them unless they meet and kill each other in round 16 and QF.

Comment

Let's see what City are about then!
              What's your team for Sat? Settled?

Ours could be anything from about 40 different options.

Ederson, Walker, Stones, Otamendi, D.Silva, KDB will all play but after that who knows.

Pointless speculative guess:

..............................Ederson

.............Danilo.........Stones........Otamendi

Walker............................................ ...........Delph

.............................Gundogan

..................KDB........................D.Sil va

.......................Jesus............Aguero

Bernardo only had 5 mins on Tuesday though so it wouldn't be a surprise if he was in. Wouldn't be a surprise if Sane/Sterling/Fernandinho played either. As I say, speculative at best.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
                What's your team for Sat? Settled?

Ours could be anything from about 40 different options.

Ederson, Walker, Stones, Otamendi, D.Silva, KDB will all play but after that who knows.

Pointless speculative guess:

..............................Ederson

.............Danilo.........Stones........Otamendi

Walker............................................ ...........Delph

.............................Gundogan

..................KDB........................D.Sil va

.......................Jesus............Aguero

Bernardo only had 5 mins on Tuesday though so it wouldn't be a surprise if he was in. Wouldn't be a surprise if Sane/Sterling/Fernandinho played either. As I say, speculative at best.

I think the team that played yesterday with a Luiz swapped out for Christiansen because he's banned. I am not sure about Rudiger over Cahill. I would go for that but Conte rates Cahill as a captain.

I'd be dubious about starting Fabregas but I don't think we have a choice. City are all about those quick give and goes and even when Cesc tracks a runner he is still too slow sometimes to stop it working but I think Drinkwater is injured.

I'd go

--------------------Courtouis---------------------------

--------Azpi--------Christiansen-------Rudiger--------

Moses------Kante--------Bakayoko------------Alonso

--------------------Fabregas---------------------------

-------------Hazard------------------------------------

--------------------Morata------------------------------

I think that is Chelsea's best system against the best sides.

It seems defensive but they have had good control in games against Atletico and Spurs now using it, especially controlling most of the game yesterday. There always seems to be an out ball and Chelsea won't Silva or De Bruyne getting a 'picture'.

The plan B if they're losing is always to swap out Bakayoko with Willian or Pedro, or even Batshoes. As a system it gives Chelsea a stronger bench as well which is where it is thought we aren't as strong as the Manc clubs.

A bench with Willian, Pedro, Batshoes, Cahill or whatever centre half, and Drinkwater/Fabregas/Bakayoko, Zappacosta is certainly stronger than we've had for quite a while.

I also don't think Willian and Pedro are in great form. Despite Pedro being a goal threat.

It is going to be a great game anyway. I know City are keeping clean sheets but I think we'll score a few and there is no way City aren't going to score either.

Gonna be positive here: 3-2 Chelsea.

This will be a rare big game that lives up to the hype. Hopefully.

Comment

• Originally posted by betmen View Post
                  that is whishfull thinking, i wont count on that. i think 4 of them will get out of the grup, and 2 or 3 will reach quarter final. none will reach semis.

barca, real, psg, bayern, atletico and juve still the strongest club in europe in the longterm season. i think the semis will still consist of them unless they meet and kill each other in round 16 and QF.
                  I think Chelsea have a chance against all those clubs over two legs apart from maybe Real Madrid.

Real Madrid I have maintained would give Chelsea a hiding but non of the others I'd be that worried about. Chelsea have a bit of a hoodoo over Barca. PSG would have to go from facing baguette salesman on Saturday to Chelsea on Wednesday so we'll see how they do.

I'd rather that Chelsea drew all those clubs with the exception of Real Madrid over either Manc club over two legs.

I think Chelsea could win the champions league, tbh. Tactically astute coach, strong system, dangerous counter attack. Also Chelsea don't have that snobbishness that holds some teams back. We'll string 8 players across the box at the Nou Camp and hit them on the break.

We'll see. City is a test for Chelsea because that is the sort of style Chelsea will come up against in the latter stages of the CL (could be City anyway), but I think that pressure cooker style allows Chelsea to act like a coiled spring.

We'll see. I've had a lot of big chat about Chelsea recently. I just think we're a really good side. The best we've had for a long time. Maybe 05/06.

Comment

It is going to be a great game anyway. I know City are keeping clean sheets but I think we'll score a few and there is no way City aren't going to score either.

Gonna be positive here: 3-2 Chelsea.

This will be a rare big game that lives up to the hype. Hopefully.
                    It'll be a good game. Objectively speaking I couldn't tell you the last bad game we were in.

Pep will do inevitably go a bit mad and play Sane at wing back or something. If we're playing 3 cb's as I predicted, he'll want the WB's bombing.

Sane at the very latest should be on the pitch from about 60 mins onwards if we aren't winning. He's got every fullback on toast at the moment.

Comment

• Carlo Ancelotti sacked Bayern panicked last year they started slowly but still won Bundesliga comfortably and were better side over to legs v Real Madrid

Comment

Working...
                      X