Heads Up: Deontay Wilder to be on JRE next week

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
    Lol haha AJ neck exercises.

I would think pov is a more complete boxer than Wilder. AJ doesn't have a fenomenal ring iq but he would easily read Wilder.
    Idk that that'll matter. Joshua's D is subpar & he's soooo hittable. And while Wilder isn't as technically skilled as many top ten guys I think his risk taking will lead to many interesting opportunities just like they eventually did vs a far superior, far quicker, far less hittable fighter, far bigger fighter in Fury Saturday.

Wilder's power is great but most dangerous thing about him is his vicious timing and awkward way to punch until the last second. Dude is as vicious and mean as a black mamba. Wilder had a great killer instinct and feels the moment when his opponent is weaker (tired, hurt, distracted) then set up murderous attacks.
    I disagree. That power is the game changer. The other things are wonderful additions to the power, but the power is whats ending sh^t on a dime. Take Wilder's power out of the mix & he's probably not a top 30 guy. You can't take those other things away & that power he has is still gonna end most of his fights like they ended.

I can see AJ behind a tight guard bullying around Wilder kinda like duhaupas and Ortiz except that I believe Josh power would take Wilder out. Josh is a beast too doe.
    Tight guard lol. Like I said I give Joshua credit for his teachability which I believe has made him a better fighter quicker than most others in the mix like he's become since the Charles Martin title fight. But the guy still moves slow, is hittable & doesn't have a super high ring IQ himself. He can hit & I think someone is gonna KO someone in this fight, but I think its a pretty coin flip of a situation to say who it'll be.

It takes serious power to take klit, POV or Whyte out. Josh hit like a mule without loading up full ****** like Wilder
    I'm not saying Joshua's power sucks. There is every possibility he's the 2nd hardest puncher in the division. It just so happens Wilder is probably the #1 hardest puncher in the division doe is the thing. And while I'd give Joshua higher remarks in a vareity of topics I personally got zero faith in him being ablr to pull off this airport thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      Idk that that'll matter. Joshua's D is subpar & he's soooo hittable. And while Wilder isn't as technically skilled as many top ten guys I think his risk taking will lead to many interesting opportunities just like they eventually did vs a far superior, far quicker, far less hittable fighter, far bigger fighter in Fury Saturday.

I disagree. That power is the game changer. The other things are wonderful additions to the power, but the power is whats ending sh^t on a dime. Take Wilder's power out of the mix & he's probably not a top 30 guy. You can't take those other things away & that power he has is still gonna end most of his fights like they ended.

Tight guard lol. Like I said I give Joshua credit for his teachability which I believe has made him a better fighter quicker than most others in the mix like he's become since the Charles Martin title fight. But the guy still moves slow, is hittable & doesn't have a super high ring IQ himself. He can hit & I think someone is gonna KO someone in this fight, but I think its a pretty coin flip of a situation to say who it'll be.

I'm not saying Joshua's power sucks. There is every possibility he's the 2nd hardest puncher in the division. It just so happens Wilder is probably the #1 hardest puncher in the division doe is the thing. And while I'd give Joshua higher remarks in a vareity of topics I personally got zero faith in him being ablr to pull off this airport thing.
      I dunno if you get my point. I disagree here, for exemple I think Joshua might have more power than Wilder but Wilder is a more dangerous puncher because of his timing, accuracy and mean, aggressive mindset.

Wilder is trying to kill guys with each punch and can time a windmill perfectly wich is technically unique in boxing.

Look at the spilzka ko, the Ortiz kds, when he dropped Fury, the timing and accuracy are perfect.

How he connected the left hook following the right hand on Fury was just a perfect punching combo in terms of accuracy and timing.

Wilder's accuracy is underrated, it's just that dude fights flat footed and has a shyt footwork.

Power yes, but punching technic is as important to be a devastating puncher, Wilder must be good at something when it comes to boxing, and his punching technic is great and revolutionary somehow.

And if Wilder loses his mindset or accuracy or timing, he's also sure out of the top 30.

Comment

This should be interesting as Joe was very clear he thought Fury won.. I wonder if says to Wilder straight or sucks up to him and takes a neutral stance.

Comment

Nothing more cringe worthy than listening to that dumb **** try to talk boxing

Comment

I heard that on his podcast last night... on Monday night! Should be good stuff...think JR might try and pull a 420 on the Bronze Bomber? Lol

Comment

Knew something was up once Joe wasn't screaming robbery. Looks like he is trying to remain neutral for wilder to come on the show. Would be interesting to see if he discredits fury when wilder is on.

Comment

Originally posted by NahMean View Post
                This should be interesting as Joe was very clear he thought Fury won.. I wonder if says to Wilder straight or sucks up to him and takes a neutral stance.
                When did he say this. Joe to me has been taking a neutral stance since the "What. a. fight" tweet.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  i'd rather see fury round 2, that guy is the man.

but props to rogan for acknowledging the fight, and props to wilder for that 12th round. takes a lot of guts and conditioning to throw a shot like that in the 12th when you've been getting your butt kicked by a guy who is 40 lbs bigger than you are. it's unfortunate that as an interview wilder is probably going to suck.
                  Agreed! The first interview seemd rushed due to time issues on furys side. A followup interview with both tyson and big john in the background would be gold. Hopefully Joe gets Deontay to relax, seeing as he gets nervous and then incoherent during these interviews.

Comment

Originally posted by 01samuelc View Post
                    When did he say this. Joe to me has been taking a neutral stance since the "What. a. fight" tweet.
                    There's a vid on youtube where he says Fury won.

Comment

Originally posted by NC Uppercut View Post
                      think JR might try and pull a 420 on the Bronze Bomber? Lol
                      Not after all the trouble & memes Elon Musk had to deal with post-his poorly puffed "weed doesn't do anything to me" incident with weed.

Randomly if Elon wishes to try smoking again & would like some lessons on how to inhale so he can actually get high off of weed I'm only charging $1M for a 1 hour session to work on that with him. Or f#ck it I'll charge $50k to come do some edibles with me to keep it simple cuz I sorta hate smoking these days myself.

Comment

Working...
                      X