Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder: It's Only Right To Give Fury Rematch As Soon As Possible

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
    Damn, I never knew I will see this day where a Wilder fan is being brutally honest. I am impressed. It only took 589 posts of me pestering you. You are a good man. Kiss your girlfriend softly on the cheek and tell her I now have a friend in London. If any of her friends are around slap them on the arse and blame me of course
    I am always "brutally honest," when it comes to sports! You can be a fan, without being a fool! Now you be honest with me. Was Hearn's flat-fee offer a way for Joshua to avoid fighting Wilder? Part two: Would you be angry if Joshua says he wants to fight Wilder in April instead of Fury, even though everyone feels Fury won the fight?

By the way, I've been married to the same woman since 1996! I can't afford a girlfriend! However, I do occasionally slap her Aunties and Cousins on the "arse!" Lol!
    Last edited by Bronx2245; 12-05-2018, 06:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
      I am always "brutally honest," when it comes to sports! You can be a fan, without being a fool! Now you be honest with me. Was Hearn's flat-fee offer a way for Joshua to avoid fighting Wilder? Part two: Would you be angry if Joshua says he wants to fight Wilder in April instead of Fury, even though everyone feels Fury won the fight?

By the way, I've been married to the same woman since 1996! I can't afford a girlfriend! However, I do occasionally slap her Aunties and Cousins on the "arse!" Lol!
      I don’t see the flat fee as a way for them to weasel out of the fight. It was a tad disrespectful but I honestly thought they were lowballing him and trying to maximise profits for themselves. I will say it didn’t matter what money was offered for Joshua to fight in the states he wanted home comforts. Some may see that as being scared but if his sole goal is to beat Wilder fighting him in the U.K. is key to his chances.

If Fury held the WBC belt I would want Fury to fight Joshua . However, as Wilder still holds his belt it has to be Joshua vs Wilder. The Fury fight has diminished the way Wilder is viewed because if Joshua beats wilder in April what do you think the media and fans will still say?

Comment

• Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
        He will get what he deserves . Well to be perfectly honest he will be getting more than he deserves. He shouldn’t be coming to the negotiation table with no WBC belt ,just his mouth and cornrows. Luckily for him he must had spoke it and received a gift decision. Trust me when I tell you this if Joshua gets hit by that telegraphed right hand he doesn’t deserve to be the undisputed. Wilder is a one trick pony. With thinner legs obviously
        I feel Fury outboxed Wilder over the last 6 rounds, but the two KDs Wilder landed nullified Fury's round by round superiority.

The first 6 rounds there was hardly anything between Wilder and Fury. Fury posturing and landing 5 pitty pat punches to Wilder's 4 bigger punches in any given round does not a boxing clinic make.

I point out the stuff in the last paragraph because I don't think Wilder is as bad a boxer as people make him out to be. If he was, two great boxers, Fury and Ortiz, would have boxed his ears off and knocked him out. They boxed well against him, but Wilder obviously does some things very well besides throwing the right hand.

Even if all he has is the right hand to keep guys honest, it doesn't really matter. If he really sucked Fury and Ortiz would have KOed him and they didn't. I think they both outboxed him but Wilder also knocked them down 5 times in 22 rounds. And I think those guys are a little tougher than AJ, imo. If AJ gets caught I don't know if he gets back up.

Comment

• Maybe he is just too loyal to his trainer or his people that got him where he is. But he definitely needs a few more tools if he wants to remain a member of the top 3 from here out.

I believe GGG is in the same boat, and I'm a fan of both he and Wilder.

Comment

• Originally posted by j.razor View Post
            Not true. Here in the uk they rob too so it makes no difference.
            Which fighters get robbed in the UK?

In the US we've had the 2 robberies over Kovalev and the 2 robberies over Golovkin. This one with Fury/Wilder, and the Hooker/Perez fight. And that's just recent.

Comment

And yet Aj ducked King Kong so they obviously know more than you....LMMFAO!
              When did AJ duck Ortiz?

Comment

Wrong. D.Wilder can walk away from Fury if he wants to & secure other fights to defend his belt. Don't be so salty from a close fight.
                You said Wilder/Fury 2 is the biggest fight in the division? What other fights could Wilder secure that makes sense to you?

Comment

• Of course Wilder wants to fight again. Getting out boxed is not as bad as potentially getting koed by AJ.

And I think Wilder could KO Fury the 2nd time around. Fury is brilliant, and would be the favorite to win, of course. But defensively he only moves in straight lines. Straight back. Its effective enough due to how big and nimble for his size he is.

But when he was forced against the ropes and had to move laterally, Wilder did not know what to do. Wilders super wide stance, makes lateral movement very very effective.

Wilder timed Fury in the 12th. In a rematch, it would again only take one time to catch him. I think Wilder would only do better, tbh.

Comment

• Any excuses from people thinking Wilder would be hesitant to have a rematch?

Comment

• I would have given Fury the nod in a decision win, but it doesn't change the fact that if there was any other ref in there, they would have stopped the fight after Fury was out on his back with his eyes closed and not moving. He made the count after the ref woke him up.
                      Wilder did land the harder shots in the fight, and Fury landed a few more.
                      Anyway, a rematch is warranted. Hopefully a KO this time.

Comment

Working...
                      X