No announcement yet.

Evander Holyfield was 208lb when he Ko'd Buster Douglas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
    I was there too and at no point in Holyfields career was he considered a "light hitter". That's a straight up lie.
    Nah I don't think it was man...I heard alot of people say that Holyfield was a light hitter...feather fisted...pillow hands. You name it

Comment

Fury was saying in the buildup that punchers in the heavyweights typically don't have a long career. You can't take three to land one when the guys are this big and strong. His view was that you only go down that road when can't outbox someone.

This is where the Wilder myth comes from.

He might hit harder than most. But do we really think that other heavyweights couldn't hit harder?

I reckon they just choose to box over throw bombs that might end the fight but could also expose them.

Name your best heavyweights. Were they boxers or 'one punchers'?

Wilder is exciting. He can win any fight, but he's levels below boxers.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
        The fact Wilder's fans act like he's a better fighter than Holyfield is hilarious. Do they know what Holyfield looks like?
        Wilders fans??? how many of them are saying this stuff?

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
          what excuses. the draw is the fair decision. fury is lucky he wasn't waived off though.
          Lol it’s all good mate, nothing wrong with sticking your neck out and giving it a go and backing your fighter through tough times. Most people would hide after potential embarrassment

Big Kovalev fan through the good and bad

Comment

RE Holyfield's power at HW.

I think some are getting the timeline wrong.

When he first moved up from CW, it was questioned if he'd bring his power up with him to HW. E.g., he went life and death in Qawi I. And Qawi is what 5'7"? But what a fighter he was.

But after a little while at HW, no one doubted his power anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
              I was there too and at no point in Holyfields career was he considered a "light hitter". That's a straight up lie.
              Yeah he was...

He was also a well known drug cheat, fighters been questioning him on peds and his refusal of extra drug testing since the 80s, exactly why Tyson made the request for extra testing...

My mouth would love to say he was one of the baddest damn heavies, we know the truth on Evans, he went from dancing and boxing being a decision type fighter, to a stalker who threw vicious bombs in the trench with sluggers

Comment

Originally posted by thecomedian2 View Post
                YDKSAB....
                I had to look at that acronym up because I don't speak idiot. I love how some 15 year old punk thinks someone who was an amateur boxer in the early 80s doesn't know a thing about boxing. I was always grateful that I never ran across Holyfield since we were amateurs at the same time. That man would have beaten my ass.

Nice to meet you, thecomedian. Your name is apt. Though what's really funny is how little substance there is is between your ears...and your legs.

Comment

Working...
                X