No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lomachenko Isn't Impressed With What He Has Done This Year

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
    “So what?,” Lomachenko said. “Not three big wins. It’s not big for me because [he’s] not my weight, [he’s] not my size. It’s not a big win for me. Maybe it’s a big win for people who love boxing, but not for me.” -No Mas Chenko

Spoken like a true champion, he keeps it 100. I'm glad to see he is not manipulated by the media....He reminds me a those fighters you see in animation cartoons where the fighter is looking for the toughest challenge & enjoys the tough fights. Good for you loma.
    Unlike you who won't own up for making one of the worst predictions of this fight on the board.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
      1) Who are the "ELITE LEVEL" professionals that lost in the Olympics you were talking about?

2) I brought up Verdejo because a poster pointed out that Loma beat Verdejo in the Olympics, as a statement of Loma's great accomplishment, even though Loma was 24 and Verdejo was 19. Henry Tillman beat Tyson twice as amateurs, and got destroyed in the pros; 2:47 in the 1st!

3) Cuban and Soviet men are now fighting in the pros, not like in the 70s and 80s! Maybe you're to young to remember! If you're a 25+ year old Cuban/Soviet Amateur (See Teofilo Stevenson) fighting an 18/19 yr. old American, I expect you to win!

4) Lastly, Lom's dad kept Loma in the amateurs, because he didn't think he was ready, not because the best boxers in the world were amateurs! Floyd kept Davis away from Loma because he doesn't think he's ready for Loma yet. Why is one thing good, and the other bad!

If you don't like African-Americans, I would highly suggest you follow a different sport! Hockey or Skiing may be more to you're liking! Fu*king racist!
      1) Hassan N'Dam N'Jikam, 2x middleweight champion of the world, once before going to Rio, once after. And Amnat Ruenroeng, long reigning flyweight champion.

2) If anything, doesn't it mean certain fighters are better amateurs than pros and some are better pros than amateurs?

3) That's my point, you made Lomachenko's amateur achievements look like he beat a few kids. No, he beat the best MEN out there.

4) You might think so but it's not true. Amateur boxing has a much higher priority in Eastern Europe than it has in the US. Fighting as an amateur doesn't mean you're not ready for the pros yet. Keep repeating yourself like a broken record, it's not true.

And lastly, why am I the racist now? You're trying to play the race card after being called out for having a racist agenda? You're an idiot and a racist.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
        Unlike you who won't own up for making one of the worst predictions of this fight on the board.
        GTFOH! I gave him his props! And just cuz you FINALLY won a "prediction" don't mean **** cuz your like a boxer with a 1-30 record....lol

Comment

Originally posted by TheUntouchable View Post
          1) Hassan N'Dam N'Jikam, 2x middleweight champion of the world, once before going to Rio, once after. And Amnat Ruenroeng, long reigning flyweight champion.

2) If anything, doesn't it mean certain fighters are better amateurs than pros and some are better pros than amateurs?

3) That's my point, you made Lomachenko's amateur achievements look like he beat a few kids. No, he beat the best MEN out there.

4) You might think so but it's not true. Amateur boxing has a much higher priority in Eastern Europe than it has in the US. Fighting as an amateur doesn't mean you're not ready for the pros yet. Keep repeating yourself like a broken record, it's not true.

And lastly, why am I the racist now? You're trying to play the race card after being called out for having a racist agenda? You're an idiot and a racist.
          Why are you the racist? Because you asked me if I was Black, which was totally irrelevant. You know what else is irrelevant...Wins at the Amateur level.

Loma is a great talent, but he wasn't facing the BEST when he was fighting in the Amateurs! Were they wearing headgear in 2012? Were they fighting 10-rounds? Do you get points for body attack? The entire scoring system for amateurs is way different than in the amateurs!

Like I said, Henry Tillman beat Tyson twice in the amateurs, KO'd in the 1st, by Tyson in the pros! Mayweather, no gold in the Olympics, no losses in the pros! Do you think Serafim Todorov was better than Mayweather? Holyfield lost to Kevin Barry of New Zealand! So he was "THE BEST?"

No one is taking away from Loma's achievements, and it was even the point of the thread you jumped in on! The question was "why is Floyd protecting Davis from Loma?" So basically, it's Okay to stay in the amateurs until 24, but if a 23 year old isn't ready to face a Top 5 P4P fighter, he's a DUCK! That's a double standard I can't support! And again, that has nothing to do with my race or ethnicity!

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
            GTFOH! I gave him his props! And just cuz you FINALLY won a "prediction" don't mean **** cuz your like a boxer with a 1-30 record....lol
            Nope I get most right just like the Walters one where you were way off I was 100% accurate. I don't pick on color so it makes me a better picker.

You didn't give props and claimed fix and made tons of excuses despite saying none of it mattered and that Rigo dominates and can only lose by robbery.

Comment

This guy has real hunger. Can't do anything but respect the hell out of it.

Comment

Working...
              X