No announcement yet.

Is it better to have rest days or train almost everyday

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As an amateur I was 4-5 days a week.

As a pro we rolled 6 days a week.........

Comment

Personally I wouldnt train that much, even if you're young and have bags of energy, all that wear and tear on your body may catch up with you some day.

Comment

overtraining is exagerrated so much, it was a term brought in for athletes with extreme training schedules, not the average gym goers. the human body was meant to move and exercise, yet people seem to think that a few training session weeks are going to 'overload the cns bro' trust me man its bull****. Listen to your body, if you are too tired dont train. People in the old days used to train basically daily. Look at the pro athletes, i know nfl and boxing are sometimes lenient with the drugs but football (or soccer) is very very strict, and look at the body of someone like cristiano ronaldo. These guys train for hours and hours and they are in great shape. In swimming, look at micheal phelps, them hours of swimming daily dont seem to have done him too much harm. From my own experience, the gains in both strength and muscle ive made from training 6x a weeik resistance training from 3-4 days a week is a big big difference. To me, i see plenty of people in the world who are in 'recovery mood' and they sure as **** arent in good shape

Comment

There's no reason not to train every day. I run five miles a day, hit the bag every day. do press ups, sit ups and pull ups every day. Go to the gym three times a week (kickboxing gym, not fitness gym) and I feel fine.

I feel more tired and get more pain when I don't train everyday. Just start off light; run a mile a day etc.. and gradually build it up. Make sure you eat a lot.

By the way; I'm 29 years old and work 37 hours a week in a bakery.
          Last edited by JadeaKallen; 10-23-2016, 06:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X