Oh lord help me face the pernicious fact that tom >> Montana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
    Montana still the greatest
    Never had a tuck rule, never had protection from the rules, and they used to let the CBs touch the WRs back in the day.
    Also the pats get a lot of gimme calls
    Words of wisdom.. Thanks...,

Comment

You youngsters have never heard of Otto Graham.

Dude led the league in passing AND PUNTING.

3× NFL champion (1950, 1954, 1955)
      5× Pro Bowl (1950–1954)
      4× First-team All-Pro (1951, 1953–1955)
      Second-team All-Pro (1952)
      3× NFL Most Valuable Player (1951, 1953, 1955)
      2× NFL passing yards leader (1952, 1953)
      NFL passing touchdowns leader (1952)
      2× NFL passer rating leader (1953, 1955)

Graham finished his career with an astounding 105-17-4 regular-season record.
      He took Brown's teams to the title game in each season from 1946 to 1955. (NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE OR SINCE)
      Won Three NFL titles.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post

5× Pro Bowl (1950–1954)

He took Brown's teams to the title game in each season from 1946 to 1955. (NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE OR SINCE)
        Won Three NFL titles.
        I'm very familiar with Mr. Otto G... Good post homie..

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post

5× Pro Bowl (1950–1954)

Won Three NFL titles.
          Graham also had 7 INTs, including one for a TD, and an 11 yd punt return average

Comment

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
            Oh he definitely plays well. But you're talking about two separate allegations of spying, plus deflate gate. It doesn't matter if the game was over. The fact they intentionally cheat is the matter.

Montana is a step above.
            i feel the pats are getting the microscope treatment cause they arent so lovable. if it were your team that was dominating like never before, i dont think the perception would be the same. and this is coming from a bellichick hater. i absolutely loathe the cvnt.

if what is considered ''cheating'' didnt really factor in the slightest, why are people harping on it ? you mean to tell me ne gets their schedule before everyone, spies on everyone, mes with every ball, mess with every teams defensive play book.......

again, as great as montana was, he was never short on weapons.

Comment

Yeah, no.

No doubt hes an incredible QB, but Brady is on a team of killers.... greatest team of the era and a contender for all time. Tom is just one part of the formula.

Rodgers > Montana > Brady.

And this is from as hardcore as 49ers fan as you'll meet, but Rodgers is the GOAT. His team is shit, but time after time after TIME he throws his team of losers over his shoulder and carries them to victory and all the way to the playoffs.

Fuck the Packers and their pathetic organization but Rodgers is the GOAT.

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
                i feel the pats are getting the microscope treatment cause they arent so lovable. if it were your team that was dominating like never before, i dont think the perception would be the same. and this is coming from a bellichick hater. i absolutely loathe the cvnt.

if what is considered ''cheating'' didnt really factor in the slightest, why are people harping on it ? you mean to tell me ne gets their schedule before everyone, spies on everyone, mes with every ball, mess with every teams defensive play book.......

again, as great as montana was, he was never short on weapons.
                SpyGate on two separate occasions was a huge deal. Goddell handled it very poorly. Brady destroying any evidence in his cell phone was a pretty big deal.

There was heavy traffic of texting between Brady and the equipment guys or whoever it was... there was none for a long time... and then after the allegations came out, it went back to being heavy again. Then phone destroyed.

Look - he's a damn good QB. But the Pats just have that cloud above their head.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
                  SpyGate on two separate occasions was a huge deal. Goddell handled it very poorly. Brady destroying any evidence in his cell phone was a pretty big deal.

There was heavy traffic of texting between Brady and the equipment guys or whoever it was... there was none for a long time... and then after the allegations came out, it went back to being heavy again. Then phone destroyed.

Look - he's a damn good QB. But the Pats just have that cloud above their head.
                  too many moving parts for anything those clouds to amount to anything.

lets examine those clouds....

spygate....2002 sb vs rams

http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs07/n...ory?id=3227245

''An unnamed source....''

2007. checking out the 4-12 destined jets (even though its not illegal per se) !!!!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_N...ng_controversy

''Belichick said he believed he was operating within the rules as long as the tape was not used during the same game.''

deflategate, doe

1 2 3 4 T
                  IND 0 7 0 0 7
                  NE 14 3 21 7 45

http://www.espn.com/nfl/game?gameId=400749520

again, if a ''deflated'' football can have THAT kind of effect on the defense......

much ado over nothing, seriously

Comment

Joe...

I'll stick to my Joe... I'll stick by my jerry Rice... I shook both of their hands...

1. Shook Joe's hand at an expensive supermarket in Menlo Park.
                    2. Shook jerry's hand at an airport dive near SFO, he had three wimmin with him.. He embraced me... Homie style...
                    Then I stepped back and let a homie do his thang...

Comment

Working...
                    X