Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If these are your top wins are you elite??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He shut out Kotelnik, as well as dominating Maidana up until the 10th round, and pulling through after nearly being ko'd

Malignaggi and Judah were past best but still good when Khan beat them, he shut malignaggi out and same with Judah and stopped him.

He beat Peterson in my opinion, but with suspect refereeing and scoring didn't get the nod.

Had he fought Tim Bradley at this time I think it was a 50/50 fight.

I think against Garcia he was good for 3 rounds but his boxing IQ was exposed, he was out-manouvered by a lesser talented fighter.

My opinion is Khan was elite at 140, but not 147

Comment

I'd add Kotelnik to his better wins. I also thought he beat Peterson which would of been a good win at the time.
      I feel Khan has had a fairly solid career.
      Last edited by Chrismart; 03-24-2019, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
        Maidana
        Judah
        Alexander
        Collazo
        Algeri
        Are we talking about Khan? Obviously.
        He is not elite, has been taxed whenever he stepped up. Like how Peterson isn’t on the list bc he didn’t beat him either
        Last edited by NC Uppercut; 03-24-2019, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
          Judah and Collazo were shot to shit when Khan beat them.

alexander too

Comment

Originally posted by Anderson Silva View Post
            yup, if he had beat Garcia he would of landed the floyd fight and woulda boxed his head off, only punchers beat khan, no one can outbox him
            Canelo outboxed him.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
              Maidana
              Judah
              Alexander
              Collazo
              Algeri
              Hi Larry, how are you doing? How's your son's boxing coming along?

Amir Khan is a super-talented fighter, but was always lacking a few key ingredients to make it to the top level. In my opinion. Think it's more telling what he didn't do, than what he did. For example, outclassed Danny Garcia for several rounds before getting embarrassingly KO'd. Was outboxing Canelo before getting caught and sent to the underworld. If he had a chin he'd be Elite. If you look through his resume he's probably lost less than 40 rounds through a 222-round career. And a large portion of those he's lost were a result of him having a glass jaw.

Comment

Malinaggi went on to win a strap at 147, the beating that Khan gave him is somewhat overlooked. He was also impressive against Kotelnik.

imo he beat Lamont Peterson too so that was one of his best wins. It should be a NC or Khan win due to Peterson testing positive.

Khan's resume isn't elite, if he would have got that fight with Tim Bradley and got the win (or gets the W vs Crawford) then yes it would be as he'd have that big name/win. Nevertheless he would still be the most accomplished opponent of Crawford's career thus far.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                  He shut out Kotelnik, as well as dominating Maidana up until the 10th round, and pulling through after nearly being ko'd

Malignaggi and Judah were past best but still good when Khan beat them, he shut malignaggi out and same with Judah and stopped him.

He beat Peterson in my opinion, but with suspect refereeing and scoring didn't get the nod.

Had he fought Tim Bradley at this time I think it was a 50/50 fight.

I think against Garcia he was good for 3 rounds but his boxing IQ was exposed, he was out-manouvered by a lesser talented fighter.

My opinion is Khan was elite at 140, but not 147
                  Yes, precisely. For a good while, with Pacquiao not really competing at the weight, the consensus top 2 in the division was Bradley and Khan.

Comment

Maidana was 29-1 (27 KOs) when Khan fought him.
                    Judah was 140 IBF Champion.
                    Khan near shut Alexander out, even Porter had a close fight with him.
                    Khan near shut out Collazo and dropped him 3 times, Collazo gave Hatton, Mosley, Berto and Thurman problems.
                    I don't rate the Algeri fight as one of his best wins.

Khan has a better resume than Crawford and Brook. The rest of the Welterweights is pretty close resume wise. I'd say Khan is a A-, B+ level fighter.

Comment

no it means you have some good wins. are u serious?

Comment

Working...
                      X