Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DAZN Reveals $99.99 Yearly Plan, Monthly Increase to $19.99

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm ok with the new change because it benefits a boxing enthusiast to get the yearly plan at just under 9 bucks a month. $19.99 a month without a free trial might be a hard selling point to convince a newcomer though. You can't really hook someone in to try out a new product with a $19.99 price tag and no preview of what they're getting. Clearly I'm not involved in the business of this lol, but $19.99 seems a bit excessive. I can see a boxing and MMA fan grudgingly signing up because they love the sport, but a casual viewer? If you're not going to decrease the price than at least offer a preview by way of free trial. Even a free week wouldn't hurt in my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
      For boxing fan's sake. I hope you are right. However, If the DAZN don't start doubling, tripling and quadrupling their subscription base very quickly then they won't be in business very long because they are going to start losing too much money and won't be able to pay their fighters.
      You’ll come around mate.

Jermall Charlo deserves $30 million on DAZN. 3 fights. $10 million each. Fair? Should he renew another 3 fights winning 2 of those 3, in rotation with Andrade, Jacobs and Canelo, he should get $40 million for another 3.

Take the bag!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
        I'm absolutely saying that. You keep looking at it from the hardcore boxing fan's perspective, but most are just casual supporters of the sport. They will tune in to watch a Mayweather or Pacquiao or Canelo etc. Obviously with the new price change, DAZN is trying to discourage those that just purchase for a month and leave by giving a good deal for a year around subscription but increasing the monthly fees for those who pick and choose on the time of the year to subscribe.
        No my friend. Nobody is paying $20 a month on auto-renew knowing it’s $99.99. Most one time guys will selectively choose a month or 2, with an average total of $40 the whole year.

Now do you understand why DAZN was genius with the new offers?

Comment

• Originally posted by JuniorTorres720 View Post
          I'm ok with the new change because it benefits a boxing enthusiast to get the yearly plan at just under 9 bucks a month. $19.99 a month without a free trial might be a hard selling point to convince a newcomer though. You can't really hook someone in to try out a new product with a $19.99 price tag and no preview of what they're getting. Clearly I'm not involved in the business of this lol, but $19.99 seems a bit excessive. I can see a boxing and MMA fan grudgingly signing up because they love the sport, but a casual viewer? If you're not going to decrease the price than at least offer a preview by way of free trial. Even a free week wouldn't hurt in my opinion.
          But the $20 a month is selective theory. Some fans will just decide on the month of their choosing.

The Canelo fans that would pay 300k-900k buys for his bout at $75 dollars. With $20 now with a whole month offering, not only will these fans be happy for 30 days of content, but the retention is even better for such exposure. Not only that, Expect Canelo new $20 PPV’s (1 month) = 3 million buys

Comment

• Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
            Dazn are getting the nfl
            Soon

They will be in business, it’s a sports channel not boxing only, the guy who bankrolls it turned around Walt and Spotify lol

It’s releasing world wide now and recently launched in Brazil to Great success due to MMA

Dazn is the future, deal with it
            I am focusing on the U.S. Market. Sure DAZN will survive in other markets globally but in America adding the NFL it's not going to increase their subscription rates because we get the the NFL here for free. In order for DAZN to survive then they may just have to start making some budget cuts like adding the NFL and dropping all boxing content from its platform if it remains in America. Or the other alternative is for them to probably close shop here altogether and search for some new markets around the world to launch DAZN.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
              But the $20 a month is selective theory. Some fans will just decide on the month of their choosing.

The Canelo fans that would pay 300k-900k buys for his bout at $75 dollars. With $20 now with a whole month offering, not only will these fans be happy for 30 days of content, but the retention is even better for such exposure. Not only that, Expect Canelo new $20 PPV’s (1 month) = 3 million buys
              Hey I didn't think about that! Good point. I guess for some you can consider it a cheap PPV but even then it's clearly not PPV because of what you're going for 30 days. Good stuff!

Comment

In order for DAZN to survive then they may just have to start making some budget cuts like adding the NFL and dropping all boxing content from its platform if it remains in America.
                Lol. I guess one can’t hate on creative thinking.

Let’s make this easier for you..

How many May buys will there be for Canelo at $20?

If Mexican fans bought Canelo vs Chavez Jr. at $80 with 1 million buys, what new shock value is there when these same Mexican boxing fans figure out that Canelo is $20?

One could say that it’s 5:1 than before. Therefore, 5 mliilon buys. That’s $100,000,000 for May. Now these same people wil realize that they also have another 30 days worth of content to use or lose.

Now, how many of the Canelo fans who bought his $80 PPV before might pay $20 bucks more than the usual and pay the full $99.99 year “promotion?!” From their eyes...

Let’s say Canelo does 800k $99 buys in May? That’s $80,000,000 for May

Now here’s the best part you will realize! DAZN expects both full year buys and $20 buys in May!

Do the Math!

You can’t stop the WAVe of DAZN splendor!! And yes, I was only talking about May!
                Last edited by Thuglife Nelo; 03-23-2019, 11:38 AM.

Comment

I am focusing on the U.S. Market. Sure DAZN will survive in other markets globally but in America adding the NFL it's not going to increase their subscription rates because we get the the NFL here for free. In order for DAZN to survive then they may just have to start making some budget cuts like adding the NFL and dropping all boxing content from its platform if it remains in America. Or the other alternative is for them to probably close shop here altogether and search for some new markets around the world to launch DAZN.
                  No

Just no, people watch nfl and if it’s no dazn, they will have no choice but to watch it or read about it online

Dazn is taking over sport, you don’t know the budget, you are hoping and praying for it to fall but it’s here to stay and dominate

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronx23 View Post
                    What ? lol Im not watching the fights alone on my phone. I watch them just like everyone else with my friends & family in hd on my tv. The only difference is I don't have to pay for ppv or any of these stupid apps.

I guess I'm missing that part that's "sad" about that. Im also curious to know what a "sketchy stream" is, if you care to share
                    If you are choosing to host a fight party, based on a pirated stream that could literally be snatched at any moment, you are a braver person than me, lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
                      No my friend. Nobody is paying $20 a month on auto-renew knowing it’s $99.99. Most one time guys will selectively choose a month or 2, with an average total of $40 the whole year.

Now do you understand why DAZN was genius with the new offers?
                      "No my friend" exactly what? What I'm telling you is facts. Boxing is simply a niche sport. The casuals aren't tuning in every fight week like the hardcores. They will pick and choose the months they want to subscribe.

Um, when exactly did I criticize the price change for DAZN? Are you able to comprehend things or do you struggle in that regard? I said right when the price point was released by DAZN that I was happy since it became cheaper for me. I have no problem paying a one time $100 dollar fee since I would have been paying $120 for the year anyways.

You're all over the place with your posts. Slow down and try to understand what you are writing....Before you actually submit your posts.

Comment

Working...
                      X