Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Garcia Would 'Love' Lomachenko; Not Sure About 135 Return

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think the one loss is the issue for Mikey. It's the way he lost. He took a lot of heavy shots to the body and head throughout the fight. I'm sure that kind of prolonged took some years off his career.

That's why it was so baffling why they didn't just stop the fight. Did his corner expect him to score a late KO to end the fight?

No one should expect him to now go and do all that it takes
    to drain his body down to 135 for fight that he will need to be in optimal shape to win. I don't blame him for not wanting to put his body through all that especially since he just had such a hard fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
      I dont get it. Canelo got SCHOOLED by Floyd
      Floyd didn’t school canelo. Neither guy hit each other. Canelo didn’t get hurt, and he was 22. Mikey got beat up because he thought he could beat someone 6 divsons higher than where he started who is already big for his division. No shame in losing to him, but he’s only going to get worse. Also, the way he put down Loma, Loma shouldn’t give him the opportunity.

Comment

Mikey needs to diet properly. He SHOULD & COULD make 135 without issues if he did.

Comment

Originally posted by EL_GRINGO View Post
          That's true but if you listen to Ellerbe and Mayweather talk in interviews, they continue to state that they can pick whatever opponents for Gervonta they want and keep making big money cause Tank is the next "big star" in boxing.
          Mikey at 140 is probably gonna be to dangerous for them, they will fear they'll loose their piggy bank
          A loss won't break the piggy bank! Ask Canelo!

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
            Mikey can't make 135 in a healthy manner -- therefore I don't think they would fight at 135 at all...
            No, not 135! I'm saying Mikey vs. Tank @ 140!

Comment

Originally posted by SniXSniPe View Post
              Mikey needs to diet properly. He SHOULD & COULD make 135 without issues if he did.
              I know what you mean, but I would strongly advise against it. Even if he diets properly, that won't help him loose muscle mass correctly. Roy did it after the Ruiz fight, lost the wrong muscles and became a semi-stationary target ripe for the picking.

Mikey said that he added weight in a way that allowed him to keep his foot speed and mobility. That was clearly not the case. Even when in range, he never unleashed the type of volume/combination he did against say Broner. I still have the utmost respect for Garcia because he actually challenged himself and didn't take the safe road to protect his 0 and win the Manny lottery!

There are plenty of big fights at 140. Lomachenko can fight Teofino and wait for Tank (Tank just want's to create a big payday a la Manny vs Floyd, but without putting in the work so a lost cause IMHO).

Comment

How about Garcia fight Mo Hooker and prove he isnt an overrated hypejob built by Top Rank instead of starving himself back down to 135. Crawford and Spence would even show up to watch Mo tee off on him.
                Last edited by Mister Wolf; 03-19-2019, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Since1976 View Post
                  I know what you mean, but I would strongly advise against it. Even if he diets properly, that won't help him loose muscle mass correctly. Roy did it after the Ruiz fight, lost the wrong muscles and became a semi-stationary target ripe for the picking.

Mikey said that he added weight in a way that allowed him to keep his foot speed and mobility. That was clearly not the case. Even when in range, he never unleashed the type of volume/combination he did against say Broner. I still have the utmost respect for Garcia because he actually challenged himself and didn't take the safe road to protect his 0 and win the Manny lottery!

There are plenty of big fights at 140. Lomachenko can fight Teofino and wait for Tank (Tank just want's to create a big payday a la Manny vs Floyd, but without putting in the work so a lost cause IMHO).
                  Mikey is clearly a higher bodyfat %. He can definitely cut some of that fat and get quite lean to 135. Even when he was at 135 before, he still seemed slightly thicker

Him vs Spence:
                  https://i.ytimg.com/vi/lcKDsICkDSk/maxresdefault.jpg

Him vs Easter Jr.:
                  https://www.boxing247.com/wp-content...Easter_104.jpg

He can definitely cut some fat off, without losing much (if any) muscle mass--- assuming he does it right. Against Easter he still appeared to be around 15% - 18% bodyfat. Against Spence, he honestly doesn't seemed to have gained much muscle mass. Maybe a few pounds (probably some fat as well).

Mikey's problem is he doesn't seem very committed to the diet lifestyle. He's a great fighter, but he really needs to consider eating better.
                  Last edited by UNBIASED BOXING; 03-19-2019, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                    No, not 135! I'm saying Mikey vs. Tank @ 140!
                    ? well this is in the long. long run... I can't see it just yet...

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                      Yeah he needs stop that noise and go back to the basics and what works. That worst I ever seen him....
                      It was really bad. He just bit off more than he could chew. I still see him as an very good fighter who still beats anyone at 140 or 135.

Loma was popping off loudly that he wanted the Mikey fight (after Garcia had already committed to Spence of course ).

Let’s see if we hear a peep out of this guy now ?

Probably will be to busy begging Tank to move up, while simultaneously snubbing Lopez in avoidance, lol
                      Last edited by SugarRaRobinson; 03-19-2019, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X