Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bob Arum : GGG is not the best MW in the world ! Canelo is !

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob Arum : GGG is not the best MW in the world ! Canelo is !

Source : https://youtu.be/4VWmg9CkvpU

Seems Bob Arum still hates GGG for not signing to top rank.
    GGG
    40.00%
    Canelo
    50.00%
    Jacobs
    3.33%
    Andrade
    3.33%
    Charlo
    0.00%
    Saunders
    3.33%

Well, if you lose twice it's not a rivalry I guess

Comment

He’s right.

Comment

what about BJ?

I'd go -

1. Canelo - unbeaten at MW with top scalp
        2. BJS - unbeaten at MW, 3 defences till stripped
        3. GGG - beaten at MW
        4. Andrade, new titlist, unbeaten
        5. Jacobs - beaten titlist
        6. Charlo - minor titlist.

but if PED user then BJS may be lower.
        Last edited by DreamFighter; 03-18-2019, 05:01 AM.

Comment

Thanks for reminding us that, Bob!

Comment

This is obvious but I remember when Bob Arum was saying the opposite back in Oct when he was trying to sign GGG. Now that GGG turned him down he is flip flopped. lol

Comment

First this then shots at mikey. Arum's petty level is on 10 right now

Comment

Even though I thought Golovkin deserved the nod both times out I think Canelo would probably beat him fairly and clearly if they were to fight again now.

Jacobs might too, although Danny's performances seem to vary so much it's hard to be sure.

An in form and motivated Saunders would always have been tricky for GGG (and anyone else for the matter) but inactivity and all the other BS that seems to surround Saunders' career makes it hard to describe him as the best at anything except missing opportunities (not always through his own doing of course).

Andrade. Great fighter, career highlight is struggling with Vanes 5 years ago. I genuinely hope he does something that'll prove to us how good he could be before he gets too old to matter.

Jermall - I don't really hold the Korobov fight against him , cos Matvey is one hell of a technician and was a much riskier short notice fight than most people understood, but it will put a questionmark over him til he can prove what he's got against one of the other top guys in the division.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                  Even though I thought Golovkin deserved the nod both times out I think Canelo would probably beat him fairly and clearly if they were to fight again now.

Jacobs might too, although Danny's performances seem to vary so much it's hard to be sure.

An in form and motivated Saunders would always have been tricky for GGG (and anyone else for the matter) but inactivity and all the other BS that seems to surround Saunders' career makes it hard to describe him as the best at anything except missing opportunities (not always through his own doing of course).

Andrade. Great fighter, career highlight is struggling with Vanes 5 years ago. I genuinely hope he does something that'll prove to us how good he could be before he gets too old to matter.

Jermall - I don't really hold the Korobov fight against him , cos Matvey is one hell of a technician and was a much riskier short notice fight than most people understood, but it will put a questionmark over him til he can prove what he's got against one of the other top guys in the division.
                  Canelo vs Jacobs winner is best MW, no argument?

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingraya View Post
                    Canelo vs Jacobs winner is best MW, no argument?
                    Kinda depends how it falls, man. There's all kinds of possible scenarios. If Canelo beats Jacobs legitimately with no questionmarks over it I'd have to say Canelo... if Jacobs wins or deserves the win it's a bit more up in the air.

Comment

Working...
                    X