No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn To Make Davis 'F***ing Massive Offer' For Farmer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by factsarenice View Post
    You can't reasonably defend the PBC's actions.
    What actions. Can you defend the DAZN garbage fights? Canelo Jacobs is there first good fight

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
      what actions? please tell me...what actions am i defending?

hearn came out over the weekend and said he was offering tank 5 mil

today hes asked "is 5 the number you plan to offer"..."nah thats not it but its a good offer"...and then says davis has "made great money"

do you not see any issue with those statements?

the pbc has put on better fights than any other outfit over the last 5 years.....plain and simple
      Christ, swear you read stuff and mindwarp it into an arguement. He says FARMER wont get $5mil, FARMER has made great money. Need to take a step back for a bit, ****s messing with your head

Comment

That’s a good number,” Hearn said, before noting that Farmer will make, “a lot as well – not five. But it’ll be all right. He’s made great money.”

Comment

Hearn is going to get himself and his company sued if he keeps making offers directly to the fighter like that. Davis is under contract with a promoter, Hearn better make the offer to the promoter....WITHOUT THE “you must now sign with DAZN” language in the contract.

Comment

Clearly we dont know if guys will take huge purses because of promoters priorities. I mean 50 mil isnt enough for some guys. Too bad for us fans I guess. Thats why I stream 99% of fights now. I'll watch if it happens but whi knows nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
              I think you misread.

He meant Farmer won't be making 5, but great money. Hearn even seems to suggest more is negotiable for Davis. Put it in a contract and send it. They'll take it.

Why does he keep saying Davis doesn't know what is being offered? He does.
              you are right...i did misread...thanks for pointing it out...i stand corrected

and yeah...im sure davis is aware

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
                Christ, swear you read stuff and mindwarp it into an arguement. He says FARMER wont get $5mil, FARMER has made great money. Need to take a step back for a bit, ****s messing with your head
                i did misread and own up to it...im multitasking and it often leads to typos and other errors...im working and reading NFL stuff....im human...i stand corrected

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                  i did misread and own up to it...im multitasking and it often leads to typos and other errors...im working and reading NFL stuff....im human...i stand corrected
                  No worries, bro. You are a pretty good poster.

Comment

I'd be pissed if I was Tevin.

Hearn offering more to Tank than his own fighter and his explanation is:

"He's already made some good money...?!"

Comment

Originally posted by factsarenice View Post
                      If Charlo and Davis turn big offers down without so much as a sensible counter offer it's because they simply don't want the fight...everything else is an excuse.
                      It's not about fighters not wanting fights.
                      It's a network tug-of-war that's to blame.
                      No promoter/network is eager to showcase and build fighters
                      only to see their biggest fights take place on a rival network.
                      There is more boxing being broadcast than ever, but we will
                      unfortunately see less marquee match-ups than ever before.
                      These exclusive deals that promoters/networks have been
                      signing have only transformed the sport of boxing into the
                      professional wrestling 'monday night wars' of the late 1990's.

Comment

Working...
                      X