No announcement yet.

Training & Fighting [girlfriend & family]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by McAlister View Post
    ooh aight, yeah that pretty much explains it... but I think if your fightin someone with your amount of experience (which you will be in a tournament) then it should work fairly well... I would say keep practicing it, because just knowing how to do it wont hurt... You dont have to use it in an actual bout if you dont want to or dont feel comfortable but it's cool just to have the knowledge
    yeah man but when my trainer is around he just yells for you to keep ur hands up. He won't teach the phillyshell to me. Only time I use it is with this guy whos turning pro and does the phillyshell as well. However, when i get up close to him he is never afraid to go into the full guard. You should definetely not be afraid to go into full guard for extra protection if your off balance and ur not set to counter or move right away. In other words always go into ur full guard when you could possibly get into trouble. So this means you should know how to put on a great guard, so ur gonna need to practice it

Comment

Originally posted by Evil_Meat View Post
      yeah man but when my trainer is around he just yells for you to keep ur hands up. He won't teach the phillyshell to me. Only time I use it is with this guy whos turning pro and does the phillyshell as well. However, when i get up close to him he is never afraid to go into the full guard. You should definetely not be afraid to go into full guard for extra protection if your off balance and ur not set to counter or move right away. In other words always go into ur full guard when you could possibly get into trouble. So this means you should know how to put on a great guard, so ur gonna need to practice it
      Yea true, Ima start working on full guard protection as well... Because after further review, Im gonna be usin that instead of the philly shell... Ima still box from my normal slightly low left hand stance, but when Im against the ropes and my opponent is throwing at me I will use a full guard (both hands up)

Comment

id like to have my friends there but not my lady or family.

theres this guy who brings his gf to the gym everytime he lifts weights she touches his muscles between sets and everything. ****in hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by mgkirkpatrick View Post

theres this guy who brings his gf to the gym everytime he lifts weights she touches his muscles between sets and everything. ****in hilarious.
          ahhhh haha.. thats pimp righ there

Comment

Originally posted by fraidycat View Post
            Are you seriously saying you're as fast as RJJ was in that video? If you are, you should have sponsors lined up around the block. Good on you, man.

yeah, thats why no one here likes him.

Comment

Originally posted by Animal Squabbs View Post
              yeah, thats why no one here likes him.
              lmao@ how your gonna say "yeah" after I clearly said I wasnt

You wanted me to say yeah tho huh?

Comment

Originally posted by mgkirkpatrick View Post

theres this guy who brings his gf to the gym everytime he lifts weights she touches his muscles between sets and everything.
                :gay:

Seriously. Methinks he doth protest too much.

Comment

I never have a family member in the gym when I train, but it is individual. Some women and kids really get off on this stuff, and if it helps you train, more power to you.....

Comment

I have a fight coming up in a few weeks, (3rd one) and it'll be the first time my mom and a few friends of mine are going to be there. Don't know how it'll affect me, but i'll definitely be happier if I win infront of my mom.

Comment

Excuse me, WTF is the phillyshell? :P

My dad is there everytime as im 14 and can't drive so he has to bring me, it helped at the beggining but its like hes not even there cuz i've gotten used to him being there. My brother came last time. I had no idea I was sparrin' and he helped alot...Just being there. I went up against a tall skinny black guy that i've sparred 3 or 4 times because hes like the only person in the gym small enough for me and hes still 4 or 5 years older than me. I taught him what happens when you throw a ****ty ass slow jab .

Comment

Working...
                      X