Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why don't homeless people just get themselves sent to prison?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why don't homeless people just get themselves sent to prison?

If i ever found myself in that position that's what i'd do. **** living on the streets.

Some do...

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
      If i ever found myself in that position that's what i'd do. **** living on the streets.
      I think homeless people secretly enjoy their lives. They like to wander the streets without any responsibilities or pressure. They wouldn't want to be trapped in a prison and have to deal with guards and inmates.

Comment

A lot of them will get picked up on petty misdemeanors, trespassing, littering, etc. While I was in regional jail awaiting transport to DOC, I saw one transient get locked up like 12 times within those 3 or 4 months

Comment

Originally posted by rigondo View Post
          I think homeless people secretly enjoy their lives. They like to wander the streets without any responsibilities or pressure. They wouldn't want to be trapped in a prison and have to deal with guards and inmates.
          I just don't see that. The stress of not knowing what you will eat, where you will sleep, possible illness, weather, just hoping to get to the next day. Pretty much having the same worries as animals has to be extremely physically and mentally draining. That being said I bet their are tons of homeless who intentionally get arrested just to have a roof over their head

Comment

Years ago I was having a custom exhaust put on the '65.

I was reading magazines in the waiting area. There was a story of a homeless guy who would go to nice restaurants and order himself a nice dinner.

When the bill came he'd simply say he had no money and they could call the police.

He would sit there chilling until police arrived.

He would get arrested and sit in jail, eating and housed of course.

Once he went to court, he would plead Guilty and judges would give him time served or a few months in jail, not prison.

He would get out and repeat the process again and again.

Comment

I was just gonna say they do, but people beat me to the punch!

Comment

Originally posted by rigondo View Post
                They wouldn't want to be trapped in a prison and have to deal with guards and inmates.
                Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
                A lot of them will get picked up on petty misdemeanors, trespassing, littering, etc. While I was in regional jail awaiting transport to DOC, I saw one transient get locked up like 12 times within those 3 or 4 months
                Originally posted by Johnston View Post
                I just don't see that. The stress of not knowing what you will eat, where you will sleep, possible illness, weather, just hoping to get to the next day. Pretty much having the same worries as animals has to be extremely physically and mentally draining. That being said I bet their are tons of homeless who intentionally get arrested just to have a roof over their head
                as long as its county jail for a misdemeanor, and not federal pound u in the @ss prison with a huge black cellmate with a 9 inch dick. prisons have predatory guards, inmates, gangs and aren't called animal factories for nothing. they'd want to be locked up in a minimum security type county jail for a couple of the coldest months of the winter.
                i knew a guy like this from work, he was a meth head who did a couple of months for slapping his old lady around, when he got out of jail i didn't recognize him because he'd gained 30 lbs from eating 3 times a day and not being able to find meth

Comment

Originally posted by AKOINDAMATRIX View Post
                  I was just gonna say they do, but people beat me to the punch!
                  You'd think almost all of them would.

Comment

ask Derranged

Comment

Working...
                    X