Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does a slap swing make such a loud bang?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does a slap swing make such a loud bang?

I thought loud bangs were a sign of lots of power?

A slap swing like a crappy hook think calzagge, think hitting with the laces of the old school gloves, produces lots of sound and it has such a long travel time it builds up tonnes of speed. Speed being more important than weight for punching power.

However it lacks weight and skeletal structure behind it. Significantly less than a good hook.

My question is why such a loud bang if its not powerful?

Also since the brain and head are relatively light could a punch like this (if it connects) cause a high chance of a KO by the sheer speed of acceleration and deceleration of the brain? (since the brain is so light) I was thinking perhaps you don't need much structure or weight to shake up the brain and maybe speed is more important? (just like when throwing a light ball speed is more important than strength weight and power hence why you don't need to be built like a shot put athlete to throw a fast pitch in baseball)

I have found that when u slap punch really fast something about getting up to such high speeds doesn't require the skeletal structure to transfer the power as much, its like if it goes fast enough it becomes better at transferring the force without anything solid behind it.

Kinda like a mace on a chain vs a mace connected solidly to an iron bar, the mace on a chain does way more damage (if it connects) than the mace on an iron bar, because it gets to much higher speeds, despite weighing less (less bodyweight goes into it since the chain breaks the structure form your weight to the ball on the chain) and having less solid structure behind it.
    Last edited by AlexKid; 12-27-2014, 07:11 PM.

my trainers of the past would have a clue how to answer this

Comment

At this rate you'll be banned for spam

Comment

Working...
      X