No announcement yet.

Frank Warren: Major Interest From Other Promoters To Sign Anthony Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    If Hearn loses Joshua doesn't that disprove Sky's theory of what Hearn is capable of?

And if Joshua isn't with Hearn isn't Joshua the new Mayweather vs whoever situation for Sky when he fights? He's doing massive PPV numbers there from the sounds of it. Why would Sky NOT want Joshua fights with his massive numbers just cuz he's not with Hearn?

I don't buy that they would suddenly be disinterested in Joshua whoever he was with. And if they do then he can just ride out any specific deal he has with Sky & go to some other UK entity or f#ck it go to America & try to become the next Lennox Lewis as UK guy who did some big US PPV's. He's got worldwide star potentially. I say Sky wants to do business with him w/e the situation is.
    Fighters will look at that and then more decide will to go this way,which Sky and Hearn wont want.Trust me,Sky will be telling Hearn not to mess up relations with Joshua and to keep him onboard.Why change a Winning Formula ? Joshua is not going to be a Lennox Lewis.Lewis had Tyson,Holyfield to play wiith in America.AJ has Wilder that is it.Most of AJ's Big Fights are UK Based and to get the most money out of these he needs PPV.Sky are the only Secure Boxing PPV Provider in the UK.Joshua diverting will be a Risk which has no Postives to it.Sky have backed Joshua since Day 1,wouldnt they feel as if they have been betrayed if Anthony decides to divert

Comment

Originally posted by Tygshsu View Post
      Fighters will look at that and then more decide will to go this way,which Sky and Hearn wont want.Trust me,Sky will be telling Hearn not to mess up relations with Joshua and to keep him onboard.Why change a Winning Formula ? Joshua is not going to be a Lennox Lewis.Lewis had Tyson,Holyfield to play wiith in America.AJ has Wilder that is it.Most of AJ's Big Fights are UK Based and to get the most money out of these he needs PPV.Sky are the only Secure Boxing PPV Provider in the UK.Joshua diverting will be a Risk which has no Postives to it.Sky have backed Joshua since Day 1,wouldnt they feel as if they have been betrayed if Anthony decides to divert
      I'm not saying Joshua will or won't do anything fwiw. Although I do think he should do a fight by fight relationship with anyone just like Floyd did to insure he maximizes his income. This is a brutal game.

But what I am saying is that IF Joshua leaves Hearn Sky isn't stupid enough to not wanna continue having Joshua's PPV's cuz that sh^t is gonna make them a nice stack of money & will tell Hearn as such if he's butthurt about losing Joshua.

Comment

I'm not saying Joshua will or won't do anything fwiw. Although I do think he should do a fight by fight relationship with anyone just like Floyd did to insure he maximizes his income. This is a brutal game.

But what I am saying is that IF Joshua leaves Hearn Sky isn't stupid enough to not wanna continue having Joshua's PPV's cuz that sh^t is gonna make them a nice stack of money & will tell Hearn as such if he's butthurt about losing Joshua.
        Floyd didn't do a fight by fight deal though.He had HBO until the last 7 fights of his career where he finished it with Showtime.Joshua has Sky only,BT/Boxnation do not know how to do PPV's,Promotion is bad and more households are 10 Times more likely to have Sky TV in the house.ITV are also garbage,No reason to deal like that given Sky is the only viable platform.Hearn is also very good at promoting fights on Social Media with his mouth and in this current era of Technology,and 2018 Promoting,he does a good job.

Comment

Why would Sky NOT want Joshua fights with his massive numbers just cuz he's not with Hearn?
          Doesn't matter what they want. Matchroom has the exclusive until 2021.

Comment

Originally posted by Tygshsu View Post
            Floyd didn't do a fight by fight deal though.He had HBO until the last 7 fights of his career where he finished it with Showtime.Joshua has Sky only,BT/Boxnation do not know how to do PPV's,Promotion is bad and more households are 10 Times more likely to have Sky TV in the house.ITV are also garbage,No reason to deal like that given Sky is the only viable platform.
            Floyd had NO CONTRACT with any promoter for his last idk how many fights. He was on a handshake deal with GBP for most of those fights. Thats what I'm suggesting Joshua should do & he could do that with Hearn for the stake of less drama if he choose to.

He should be maximizing his income in this dangerous sport & he's one of the few who can make that move. You don't maximize your income by doing the same sh^t everyone else does.

But again Sky would be f#cking ******ed to not deal with Joshua regardless if he's with Hearn or not cuz MONEY!!!! Idk why this is such a difficult concept to digest for you.

Comment

Sky would be f#cking ******ed to not deal with Joshua regardless if he's with Hearn or not
              Matchroom has the exclusive on Sky Sports until 2021.

Comment

There'll be some kind of AJ/Matchroom partnership. If Hearn thought he was losing Joshua he'd be pushing to cash out with Wilder or Fury, not pissing around with Parker and Miller.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo Mc is **** View Post
                  There'll be some kind of AJ/Matchroom partnership. If Hearn thought he was losing Joshua he'd be pushing to cash out with Wilder or Fury, not pissing around with Parker and Miller.
                  Yep agree completely, your last sentence says it all.

Comment

Working...
                  X