Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't underestimate Kel Brook.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

brook is undoubtedly better than eubank P4P, but the size difference is simply too much

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
      ... as long as certain fights aren't likely to ever take place, I'm not interested in what a fighter "would" do to another fighter.

... and I hope that Brook finds a way to pull himself off this GGG fight.
      Brook wanted the fight, so he won't be looking for a way out. If I was his manager or trainer I would have told him to forget it, and as a fan, I would much rather see him in with Thurman or Garcia than Golovkin.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
        I said I don't think Kell can beat GGG, so it's pointless to then ask me "how's he going to beat him then?" Lol.
        In case you need it explained, "don't underestimate" implies that he's got a solid chance to win. All we've asked is for you to support that. If you can't explain, maybe it's a poor idea to announce to everyone that he's got a shot.

Comment

I disagree with you on that. Jnr has talent, but lacks experience, and his chin has yet to be tested at world class level. BJS is a great boxer, but not a great puncher.

I think that Jnr's style and approach would be suicidal against a puncher like GGG. Even if his chin stood up to Golovkin's bombs, his open stance and habit of leaning to one side with his body at an angle to the opponent close up would leave him wide open to Golovkin's body punches. He may have an iron chin, but nobody has an iron liver!
          Jr's flaws are there, but the flashy stuff he does against the likes of Doran will be cut out in a real fight. His quick hands, physical strength, punch resistance, toughness and power punching style made it a highly intriguing fight IMO. I think he'd have fought with a high output, similar to how he did against O'Sullivan, minus the recklessness

Kell is bringing more talent to the ring, but he is physically overmatched. He's going to be dwarfed and its just stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            In case you need it explained, "don't underestimate" implies that he's got a solid chance to win. All we've asked is for you to support that. If you can't explain, maybe it's a poor idea to announce to everyone that he's got a shot.
            My opinion of Brook/GGG involves 2 propositions balanced against each other.

I've noticed from your other comments that you don't do context, so I'll try and simplify it for you.

I DON'T think Brook can beat GGG at 160, but I DO think he is good enough, P4P, to give Golovkin a stiffer test than Eubank Jnr would have done. Get it now?
            Last edited by kafkod; 07-09-2016, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              If you're going to give him a shot, explain his path to victory. Seriously, I'd like to knows what aspects of Kelly's game play well to defeating Golovkin. The more I think about it, the more I realize this is a horrible match-up for Brook. I think it being in the UK is the only thing that helps Brook. In other words, Golovkin needs to have an off night.
              I disagree. They both pack good power and prefer to fight on the outside. They both have good defensive skills, with Golovkin better.

Brook, being the lighter and more mobile fighter has the speed advantage and possibly the timing. I think they're almost as good counter punchers.

In short, brook thinks this is a classic speed vs power match up and will be more a test of skills. He thinks he can win. I think he's underestimating Golovkins defense and ring skills.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                Jr's flaws are there, but the flashy stuff he does against the likes of Doran will be cut out in a real fight. His quick hands, physical strength, punch resistance, toughness and power punching style made it a highly intriguing fight IMO. I think he'd have fought with a high output, similar to how he did against O'Sullivan, minus the recklessness

Kell is bringing more talent to the ring, but he is physically overmatched. He's going to be dwarfed and its just stupidity.
                Jnr's old man talked him out of the fight, so we'll never know how he would have done against GGG at this stage of his career. My opinion, right from when the match was first proposed, was that Jnr is too green to have any hope of winning it.

You are definitely underestimating Brook's physical attributes there. He is a big WW, who would certainly have been campaiging at MW, back in the days of same-day weigh ins, and I think he would have done well.

He and GGG are not far apart on height and reach and I think they will be close to the same weight in the ring, on fight night. And Brook will obviously be physically stronger at 160 than he is at 147.
                Last edited by kafkod; 07-09-2016, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Jnr's old man talked him out of the fight, so we'll never know how he would have done against GGG at this stage of his career. My opinion, right from when the match was first proposed, was that Jnr is too green to have any hope of winning it.

You are definitely underestimating Brook's physical attributes there. He is a big WW, who would certainly have been campaiging at MW, back in the days of same-day weigh ins, and I think he would have done well.

He and GGG are not far apart on height and reach I think they will be close to the same weight in the ring, on fight night. And Brook will obviously be physically stronger at 160 than he is at 147.
                  Kell is indeed a big WW, but that's entirely different from fighting at MW.

Kell can make 147, Golovkin can't make 154...the size difference is significant. The fact that he is jumping in head first without a single fight at 160 makes it even more significant.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
                    I disagree. They both pack good power and prefer to fight on the outside. They both have good defensive skills, with Golovkin better.

Brook, being the lighter and more mobile fighter has the speed advantage and possibly the timing. I think they're almost as good counter punchers.

In short, brook thinks this is a classic speed vs power match up and will be more a test of skills. He thinks he can win. I think he's underestimating Golovkins defense and ring skills.
                    You judge Brook based on what you've seen of him at 147, of course...

Comment

Working...
                    X