Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Man wins lottery and ordered to share HALF with his ex wife (wtf)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man wins lottery and ordered to share HALF with his ex wife (wtf)

How’s this for alimony? A Michigan man who won more than $30 million playing the lottery while separated from his wife has been ordered to give her nearly half the money as part of their divorce settlement.

Rich Zelasko of Pontiac had been split from his wife Mary Beth for about two years when he won the big Mega Millions prize in 2013.

But an arbitrator ruled the winnings were marital property and should be shared, the Detroit Free Press reported.

The husband’s lawyer had argued against dividing the money.

"Rich was lucky, but it was his luck, not Mary's, that produced the lottery proceeds,” the lawyer said, according to a court filing cited by the Free Press.

After taxes and deductions, the lottery player was left with just short of $39 million, court records said, according to Tribune Media. The arbitrator decided that Zelasko’s wife should get $15 million, the report said.

An appeals court upheld the arbitrator’s decision, according to reports.

The former couple’s divorce was finalized in 2018. Court documents showed they were married in 2004 and have three children.

The only ones deserving money are the kids in increase child support that’s it, The ex only deserves a dried up cum spot

Comment

"B-b-but only cowards hit women" ..."B-b-but we all have muthers and sistas doe.."

Lol. Cheaper to hire a H1tm4n

Comment

Just one more reason to not get married.

I'd have kept that sh^t low profile & sped up the divorce process. Then go about the ticket claiming process before the time to claim it was up. And then gtfo there & move abroad or somewhere I could likely protect my money better. F#ck giving some hoe I'm about to divorce $15M.

Comment

So it took him seven years to get divorced. Idiot.

Comment

I'm sure he's crying himself to sleep with the remaining $24 million.

Comment

He should of done some sort of deal where? He gives 2 Million to each of his kids, which they can spend after they are 18 years old 'And then just give 1.5-2 million to his X -wife'.

Comment

This dumbass should've finalized the divorce before cashing the ticket. Buy her out with a random lump sum of a few hundred k & then cash it in & never tell the hoe anything.

Comment

pssssh, its not like they left him broke and she is the mother of his kids.

Should have had his divorce finalized before its all his fault imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                    I'm sure he's crying himself to sleep with the remaining $24 million.
                    I know right

Comment

Working...
                    X