No announcement yet.

Fredrick Scott Charged with Six Murders

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lparm View Post
    So some of you instantly go the barbaric route and want blood.

Haven't we evolved as a civilized society that the criminals even the worst ones are allowed due process. Aren't they allowed to state their case and a judge passes sentence if found guilty.

What is this mob rule mentality you fools have. The man is psychologically unbalanced. Who knows if he even knew what he did completely.

Yeah let's just hang a person that is mentally impaired because that's the civil thing to do.
    Well in an earlier quote, you said obviously he needs to be locked up forever. Now, you're back tracking and hollering about due process.

If the issue is does he deserve a fair trial? Of course he does. Everyone does.

On the subject of him being found guilty, which seems highly likely, then yes, he should be killed. The reason we have so many of these murderers is because they know they can side step that death penalty thanks to weak policies such as your supposed rehabilitation policy. Has that ever actually worked in preventing future murders? Hell, the kid in Florida showed all kinds of signs that he would do what he did beforehand and was anything done to prevent him from doing it? No. Not one damn thing.

Most things in life, are trade-offs. There is no perfect solution where everyone will be happy. However, when justice is served to the guilty as in this case I believe murdering him is justice as he murdered six innocent people, then I think it says that we are a society who cares enough about our citizens to lay the law down and give those who hurt them the ultimate price to pay. Murderers will always exist. No laws can shut them down completely. However, if we let a guy like this live who slaughters six of our own, that is a sure indicator of weakness-not strength and a weak society is one I will always condemn.

Comment

Working...
    X