Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what's the excuse now for lil G not fighting Canelo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what's the excuse now for lil G not fighting Canelo?

first you guys say Canelo is ducking. You guys say lil G doesn't have to move down to 155 because he's the mandatory to the belt and 160 is the limit. Now lil G has the belt and isn't in the mandatory position. So what's lil Gs excuse for not fighting Canelo at 155 now? Abel Sanchez and lil G have both said they can make 154 easy and that he's a small 160 fighter. Canelo is the A-side and lil G has to concede to his terms obviously. So what's the excuse now for not going down to 155 to make the biggest fight in boxing?

I'm not ready to say anybody is ducking until I see what each does next, if they line up an opponent and such.

I think they're negotiating and will try to make the fight happen under 160 at the request of Canelo and his team. Hopkins dropped down when he was the lineal MW champ to fight Oscar so I don't see why GGG shouldn't.

Comment

This is the exact same thread you made yesterday:
      http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=712148

I'm gonna give you the same response I gave you yesterday:
      Originally posted by Shrap View Post
      Golovkin: My goal is to unify all the belts in the MW division. I will fight anyone holding any of these belts.
      Canelo: Ok, here is the belt.
      You: Why is Golovkin ducking Canelo?

Logic - Who needs it?

Comment

Originally posted by Shrap View Post
        This is the exact same thread you made yesterday:
        http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=712148

I'm gonna give you the same response I gave you yesterday:
        i made it before i went to sleep and i couldn't find it today so i remade it. sorry mods can delete one.

back to your point. So you're saying GGG was just using the whole "i'm the mandatory" positioning as a bargaining chip to where he would have to concede to any of Canelo's demands?

you should understand why Canelo dropped the belt. Lil G wanted it to go to purse bid so he could get 45% and 160lbs.
        Last edited by lizard_man; 05-22-2016, 12:15 PM.

Comment

He wants to unify belts at MW

Comment

canelo is triple pussified by triple G

Comment

Canelo said he dropped it because he didnt wanna be pressured by wbc with the whole 15 days thing even though he signed the agreement before the khan fight knowing that after he kod khan hed have 15 days to make fight happen. It shows me he never had any intention to fight ggg he was just trying to buy some time. Word is out that supposedly they are still negotiating but the catchweighy for canelo thing is some ***** ****. First i wanna say I hate catchweights. Now floyd pac cotto and other fighters sometimes use it and while yes it sucks atleast those dudes are literally small dudes. Floyd makes 147 and could probably go under that and yet he fought at 154 so him asking for a catchweight vs a bigger fighter could be seen as fair by some. Same with pac he fought algieri at 144 i believe and could probably stil make 140 or less so him asking for a cw vs bigger fighters could also be seen as fair by some. Cotto made 153 vs geale and could probably make 150 so the same thing i said some might see it as fair since they are small dudes who can still make one or 2 weightclasses below. Canelo looks drained in weigh ins then blows up and looks bigger than other middle weights he is a middleweight asking for a catchweight. Thats some bs.

Comment

Originally posted by lizard_man View Post
                first you guys say Canelo is ducking. You guys say lil G doesn't have to move down to 155 because he's the mandatory to the belt and 160 is the limit. Now lil G has the belt and isn't in the mandatory position. So what's lil Gs excuse for not fighting Canelo at 155 now? Abel Sanchez and lil G have both said they can make 154 easy and that he's a small 160 fighter. Canelo is the A-side and lil G has to concede to his terms obviously. So what's the excuse now for not going down to 155 to make the biggest fight in boxing?
                So let me get this straight - you see the lineal MW Champ holding the WBC belt, dropping that belt so that he isn't beholden to fight his mandatory opponent a duck on the part of Golovkin?

Golovkin could do a voluntary against Canelo at a CW now no belts are on the line, but its quite clear Canelo ducked him at 160.

Comment

Had to read the title of this thread a few times before realizing you were in fact suggesting GGG is ducking Canelo. That's a good one.

The ball is in Canelo's court now after vacating. He has to demonstrate that he wants the fight because it appears to most people that he does not.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                    Had to read the title of this thread a few times before realizing you were in fact suggesting GGG is ducking Canelo. That's a good one.

The ball is in Canelo's court now after vacating. He has to demonstrate that he wants the fight because it appears to most people that he does not.
                    Canelo wants the fight at 155. Why doesn't Golovkin take it? team GGG already said they can make 154 easy and that he's a small 160 lber. So I don't understand why he can't take the fight at 155?

Comment

Working...
                    X