Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jermain Taylor vs. Sam Soliman

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taylor seems completely washed up and it won't be much of a win for Soliman.

Comment

This is awful. Soliman hits fairly light and has a high workrate. That's not a good recipe for Taylor's already horrific level of permanent injury. A lot of death fights come from guys who are light hitters simply whaling on a guy they're unable to KTFO until something much worse than a momentary knockout happens. See Griffith-Paret. Taylor should not be allowed near championship class again for his own safety.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerbreadman View Post
        This is awful. Soliman hits fairly light and has a high workrate. That's not a good recipe for Taylor's already horrific level of permanent injury. A lot of death fights come from guys who are light hitters simply whaling on a guy they're unable to KTFO until something much worse than a momentary knockout happens. See Griffith-Paret. Taylor should not be allowed near championship class again for his own safety.
        Soliman can hit harder than he gets credit for. He put Giovanni Lorenzo on his *ss and KO'd Les Sherrington, who's not great, but probably has a chin on par with the current version of Jermain Taylor who's about 5 years removed from a brain bleed.

Comment

bull**** fight, but fair enough. soliman gets a name albeit a washed up one and taylor gets the easiest road to a title. i never been a fan of taylor ever since he got those two gifts against hopkins, but he is a really nice guy and he sure came up on some hard times in the ring. it would be nice to see him win a world title and retire, even if its against a titleholder of solimans caliber.

Comment

Her main Taylor earned this shot

Comment

I was a big fan of Taylor. I really thought he had quit for good. I think its a very winnable fight for him if he has anything left. He should just remember to get some good PED testing installed. Another thing is the weight. Can he make 160 again?

My big problem is what will happen should Taylor win? I'd so hate to see him KTFO again.

Comment

I think it is a winnable fight for Taylor and I hope he does it.

Would love to see him win then hang them up sadly hes far more likely to fight GGG and get badly hurt.

Comment

Whilst Taylor does not deserve a shot neither does Chudinov, Fletcher and all the other clowns in discussion.
                  At least Taylor has paid his dues.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                    Soliman said it'll be NY in late September.
                    Taylor fought three times early in his career, and Soliman has never fought in NY. Hopefully, this is a stepping stone for GGG/Soliman.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                      I think it is a winnable fight for Taylor and I hope he does it.

Would love to see him win then hang them up sadly hes far more likely to fight GGG and get badly hurt.
                      No way. He'd fight Jacobs or QUillin after.

Comment

Working...
                      X