Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Time Off: Melson begins Preparations for October 20 bout!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Time Off: Melson begins Preparations for October 20 bout!

New York, NY (September 25, 2012) – Less than three days after soundly defeating Yolexcy Leiva, popular junior middleweight Boyd “Rainmaker” Melson is preparing for his next challenge.

On October 20, Melson will fight in a six round bout against an opponent to be named as part of a historic card at the brand new Barclays Center in his hometown of Brooklyn, NY. With four world title fights, an undercard stacked with top-tier talent and a sellout crowd expected, the West Point Graduate is fighting on the biggest platform of his career. In the aforementioned bout against Leiva, Melson received praise for making noticeable improvements, but knows he still has a lot of things to work on.

“There are still plenty of adjustments I have to make to be at the high level I was during my amateur career,” said Melson, who in addition to having a 10-1 professional ledger, works full time for Johnson&Johnson and is an active Army Reserve Officer. “With the proximity of this bout to my one last weekend, there’s no time for rest. This is a huge card and one of the most anticipated in recent memory. I must make a strong statement in this fight because it will undoubtedly lead to bigger and better things.”

Melson’s opponent will be announced shortly.

Tickets for Melson’s fight starting at $56 are available on Teamfighttowalk.com and must be ordered by October 14. Melson’s entire fight purse will be donated to Justadollarplease.org to support brining a trial to America to help cure Chronic Spinal Cord Injuries.

In association with the 501 (C) 3 nonprofit Justadollarplease.org, Melson and his best friend Christan Zaccagnino created Team Fight to Walk, whose mission is to raise awareness within the boxing community as well as the entire nation about the importance of bringing Clinical Trials to the United States to help cure Spinal Cord Injuries. Team Fight to Walk is comprised of Melson, Zaccagnino, former Rutgers football player/ESPY honoree Eric LeGrand, two-time cruiserweight champion Steve “USS” Cunningham, title contender DeAndre “The Bull” Latimore, Edgar “El Chamaco” Santana, Hector “Machito” Camacho Jr., 2008 US Olympians Demetrius “Boo” Andrade and Shawn Estrada along with prospects Sid “The Messenger” El Harrak, Jeff “TNT” Spencer, Denis “Da Momma’s Boy” Douglin, Will “Power” Rosinsky, Floriano “Italiano” Pagliara, Danny “Little Mac” McDermott, Vinny “The Lion” O’Brien, Ahmed “Prince of Egypt” Samir and Delen “Sniper” Parsley.

For more information or to make a donation, go to teamfighttowalk.com or Justadollarplease.org. All specific questions about the nature of the Clinical Trial to cure Spinal Cord Injury can be sent to boydmelson@yahoo.com.
Working...
X