No announcement yet.

Donaire/Narvaez and other weekend fights discussion/RBR/post fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
    That only would have resulted in Donaire looking wild, Garcia told him to "Calm down, relax, don't get wild". If you watch Narvaez's fight against Cesar Seda, Seda, a big tall southpaw felt for the same trap, Narvaez made him lunge in alot, look wild, and as a result he kept getting countered; ended up losing. It's not an easy style to deal with man, and Seda had the capabilities to easily win that fight but he ended up getting impatient (Sort of like Donaire did in the 1st 3 rounds).
    He needed to do something different, yes he needed to stay calm but doing the same bullshit was going to end in the same result and he really did nothing about it.

If in a fight where a guy has all the advantages and doesn't really do the instinctual changes they will never come, if I am wrong I am wrong but to me a spade is a spade.

Sure he got an easy win which is the important part, but taking stock of how he fared with that style he passed because he got the outworking part down but he had certain issues which could come up in the future but who knows if those issues will cost him a win. Just something to think about really.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
      My thing is, once Baldomir showed how durable he was against the much bigger Forrest, people should have an understanding of why Floyd fought the way he did. He took the victory the easiest way possible. Here is a HL,
      exactly my point, fighters make others fighters look bad and theres nothing they could do about it no matter how good they are and no matter how easy it seemed it is do so....it happens to everyone inculding great fighters...

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
      Floyd beat the brakes off Baldomir compared to what Nonito did~. They are completely different fights. Nonito is way bigger had every advantage and fought a guy being defensive which should have allowed him to do what it takes to look impressive, if he was up to the task he wasn't either by choice or lack of ability but it really doesn't matter because the end result is the same. He was sitting and waiting on a guy not punching to punch, instead of doing the work to open him up. Floyd is smaller than Baldomir and really did work on him for six rounds. Floyd then hurt his hand and knew he wasn't going to hurt him so played out the string. Bladomir isn't defensive and while frustrated he was always there just to slow to do anything about it. Floyd did his thing~ Come with a better comparison or get off my dick
      oh, stop the exaggeration homeboy...both fights were not compettive and floyd and nonito could've adjusted to make themselves look good but they did'nt, thats just the bottomline.....

Comment

• Originally posted by puga View Post
        exactly my point, fighters make others fighters look bad and theres nothing they could do about it no matter how good they are and no matter how easy it seemed it is do so....it happens to everyone inculding great fighters...

Agree......

Comment

baldomir did not make floyd look bad?... , i think thats a nuthuggery talkng there...people were leaving in that fight and floyd was crtiticised for being boring and could'nt showcase his supposedly gladiatoresque performance and he did not look bad?...gtfoh..
          He didn't make Floyd look bad~ some fights are boring that fight was boring because everybody knew Baldomir was not going to be able to change the fight and they knew Floyd was just coasting his way to the win after he hit him with his best shots and didn't phase him. No intrigue, no drama equals people walking out~

Good to see you came into the sport after that fight though since you are giving this recycled garbage without any real understanding~

Comment

oh, stop the exaggeration homeboy...both fights were not compettive and floyd and nonito could've adjusted to make themselves look good but they did'nt, thats just the bottomline.....
            I am not your fucking homeboy~

Floyd beat Baldomir and Baldmoir did nothing to make Floyd look bad.

Nonito beat Narvaez but Narvaez did spoil what Nonito does.

You not getting the difference is on you not me~

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
              He didn't make Floyd look bad~ some fights are boring that fight was boring because everybody knew Baldomir was not going to be able to change the fight and they knew Floyd was just coasting his way to the win after he hit him with his best shots and didn't phase him. No intrigue, no drama equals people walking out~ Good to see you came into the sport after that fight though since you are giving this recycled garbage without any real understanding~
              you keep claiming that when facts show floyd got crticeised for not looking good in that fight ...altho it was a shut out ( like nonito's win tonight), floyd did not look good ...floyd could've done so much to look good but he did not becuase he could not, it is what it is...so stop with the sugar coating man....

well, i give you another floyd fight where he did not look good pre baldomir...jesus chavez fight...altho it was a tko , it was a close fight up until the corner stoppage and there were many things that floyd could've done to make himslef look good , but still did not beucause he could not....

Comment

you keep claiming that when facts show floyd got crticeised for not looking good in that fight ...altho it was a shut out ( like nonito's win tonight), floyd did not look good ...floyd could've done so much to look good but he did not becuase he could not, it is what it is...so stop with the sugar coating man....

well, i give you another floyd fight where he did not look good pre baldomir...jesus chavez fight...altho it was a tko , it was a close fight up until the corner stoppage and there were many things that floyd could've done to make himslef look good , but still did not beucause he could not....
                Floyd looked fine, but Floyd couldn't hurt Baldomir with a pipe and coasted to a win. Floyd did work on Baldomir the first half of the fight then coasted to an easy win, and Baldomir could do nothing about it hence the ending was very anticlimactic.

Why are you bringing up criticism have you not watched the fight, if you are bringing up a fight bring specific details not some bullshit~

Jesus Chavez, wow Floyd beat the fuck out of that dude. Lederman had the fight even (or even up I forget) and his corner stopped it because he was taking way to much punishment. Real close fight though~

Bring up a fight you have seen not something you have just heard about
                Last edited by The Gambler1981; 10-23-2011, 02:04 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                  I am not your fucking homeboy~

Floyd beat Baldomir and Baldmoir did nothing to make Floyd look bad.

Nonito beat Narvaez but Narvaez did spoil what Nonito does.

You not getting the difference is on you not me~
                  ok , im not gonna call you homeboy again but you can ask any sensible boxing fan in here if floyd looked good vs baldomir and im pretty sure they'd tell you youre a delutional nuthuggin fool to even ask that...

Comment

ok , im not gonna call you homeboy again but you can ask any sensible boxing fan in here if floyd looked good vs baldomir and im pretty sure they'd tell you youre a delutional nuthuggin fool to even ask that...
                    Floyd looked fine he did his thing, Baldomir didn't stop him from doing his thing. Looking good and the fight being boring are not mutually exclusive, you can look good and the fight be boring.

Big difference from Donaire-Narvaez

Comment

• Yeah , but ****, look at all the advantages he had over Navarez, its hard to put up a snooze fest even if the other guy wasn't active. time to move up in weight. Training all these months to get himself down from 140lbs with Conte just to fight 118 Pounder in Navarez? Waste of his time and a waste of the fans money, time to move it up to 122-26lbs and let the smaller fighters fight themselves.

Comment

Working...
                      X