• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SnoopySmurf View Post
    Mayweather > Castillo

/thread

next thread, please.

Coz Mayweather is temporarily retired.
    Good one Snoops. Im tired of heard how Castillo was robbed. It was a close fight that could have gone either way. It's funny how all these haters try to come up with reasons why Floyd isn't that good or P4P best. When only two of your fights have been remotely close, Im pretty sure that means PBF is probably doing something good.

Comment

Originally posted by Kball15 View Post
      Well thats why its a robbery. When a fighter goes into the ring and NEVER had a chance at winning a decision, its a robbery.

Thats why ill always consider WARD-AUGUSTUS a robbery. One of the closest fights ive seen, but Augustus NEVER stood a chance with those judges.

I think castillo won, but i agree it was a close fight.

AND, $in, you forgot to mention the fact that Castillo is a HOF talent, and one of the best inside fighters of the last few years. AND, floyd was forced into fighting Castillos fight
      There is a difference between a close fight and a robbery that PBF haters need to understand. Mayweather-Castillo was a close fight. I can see a decision going either way in this fight and the three judges that scored it all saw Mayweather winning it. I won't argue with someone who thought Castillo won even if I didn't see it that way.

A robbery is when a fight should clearly go to a particular fighter yet the other gets the victory. I don't think you can make a case that either Mayweather or Castillo clearly won the fight and that's why it's not a robbery as some haters like to claim...

Comment

Originally posted by $iN View Post
        There is a difference between a close fight and a robbery that PBF haters need to understand. Mayweather-Castillo was a close fight. I can see a decision going either way in this fight and the three judges that scored it all saw Mayweather winning it. I won't argue with someone who thought Castillo won even if I didn't see it that way.

A robbery is when a fight should clearly go to a particular fighter yet the other gets the victory. I don't think you can make a case that either Mayweather or Castillo clearly won the fight and that's why it's not a robbery as some haters like to claim...
        How diplomatic of you. A bit like RJJ was robbed in the olympic games against the Korean is what you mean. Now that was daylight robbery but the cops werent called!

Comment

All this proves that there needed to be a rubber match. Floyd would win it now, because Castillo is most likely past his best. But there should of been. Mayweather beat Castillo closely, but easily in the re-math, but it does not compare to the whipping he got in the first. I had the first one 116-112 Castillo, and the second one 115-113 Mayweather.

Still, there should have been a rubber match.

Comment

I just wanted to point out that the few of you who posted your scores for the first fight have never even scored that fight because there was a point deducted from each fighter in that one. 115-113 and 116-112 make no sense when points are deducted unless you scored some even rounds...which no one does.

I had it 114-112. Mayweather won 7 rounds, including the first four (and EASILY) and lost a point. Castillo won 5 rounds and lost a point.

Score the fight before any of you try to talk about this one again. That includes Mayweather and Castillo fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Kball15 View Post
              Well thats why its a robbery. When a fighter goes into the ring and NEVER had a chance at winning a decision, its a robbery.

Thats why ill always consider WARD-AUGUSTUS a robbery. One of the closest fights ive seen, but Augustus NEVER stood a chance with those judges.

I think castillo won, but i agree it was a close fight.

AND, $in, you forgot to mention the fact that Castillo is a HOF talent, and one of the best inside fighters of the last few years. AND, floyd was forced into fighting Castillos fight
              Floyd was only forced into fighting Castillo's fight for only half the fight (which ironically is the only half of the fight they remember).

Comment

floyd even knocked castillo down but they didnt score it. a punch landed while castillo tripped over his feet. castillo felt the power!

Comment

Right after all the hype, i just watched the fight, im very dissapointed obviously some people had diffculty scoring a fight before may 5th, how was that a robbery? mayweather clearly won, close fight, Castillo did the best out of anyone i have seen against mayweather, he hurt mayweather on a few occasions but here are some points i wanted to make

1) Mayweather clearly hurt himself after round one, (which he clearly won) he asked for his left shoulder to to be massaged, was seen rotating his shoulder around trying to loosen it up and was clearly discomforted, when have you ever seen mayweather turn southpaw so much in a fight? he clearly tried to avoid jabbing with his left hand at time to give his left side a rest.

2) How is it a robbery when Castillo clearly lost the 1st 5 rounds? its just rediculous, even the idiot merchant had mayweather 4-2 up going into round 6 mayweather clearly won the first 5 in my opinion, winning at least 5/12 rounds does not consitute a robbery.

3) This is how you score a boxing fight Who lands more, who lands the more effective, in this case castillo landed more punches, but alot of them were partially blocked, or blocked and arm punches, as well as some clean hits too, mayweather landed the more effective shots, and he hit castillo right in the face causing castillo to fall over his own feet, that could have easily been scored a knockdown, funny how the mayweather haters just forget to mention that. Castillo landed some great shots, especially to the body, but mayweather consistently jabbed him to head and body and countered, was a close fight, but with a clear winner.

4) Just because a fighter does better in one round than he did the preivous round, does not mean he wins the round, round 5 was the round where castillo got a little better at pressurising mayweather, but he still got tagged consistently, Castillo fought a better round than he did in round 4, but did he win the round no? Unless getting hit at will with jabs to body and head win you a round.

5)Castillo got deducted a point in round 8 when i had mayweather winning, 10-8 round to mayweather, i had mayweather winning when he got deducted a point for elbowing, 9-9 round.

6) Watch the fight carefully, use the rewind button and look for fighter's reactions, mayweather was dodging and blocking alot of shots, yes castillo was by far the agressor and late on landed some great shots that actually landed, mayweather was clearly hurt, and even smiled, a classic sign that a fighter was hurt and is pretending otherwise, but Castillo got countered throughout the night with straight rights and was hit consistently with more effective shots when mayweather was on the backfoot.

7) Look at mayweather's face, you sure he got hit with 200+ punches like that stats were telling you? im not sure, castillo looked more swollen up to me.

8) Lederman's scoring was garbage and HBO is the reason why there is a controversy, castillo lost the first half of the fight easily, and because he did much better in the second half of the fight and was much more agressive they were jumping all over his dick for another upset, how does Lederman have castillo 2/3 rounds ahead going into the final round when he has been deducted a point, disgusting bias as usual.

Watch the fight with the sound down in slow motion, then post your score here, bet ya its different to how you first scored it.

fortunatley i dont need to, probably because i know how to score a fight,

I had it the same as two of the judges 115-111 mayweather, close fight, clear winner, castillo roughed him up, i had castillo winning rounds 5,6,11,12 with 10 a draw.

If you have it closer, you might score fights on agression rather than skill and effectiveness, but there is no way this was ever a robbery, Castillo fought as well as he could, mayweather was below par.

And it doesnt suprise me in the least mayweather won the rematch even better, castillo just chased after him and thew, little signs to technique going on, yeah he looks powerful, good head movement, but dont be suprised if hatton outboxes him, seriously.

Most over hyped fight i have ever seen, some dudes on you tube have it 116-112 castillo, just shocking.
                  Last edited by Technical_Skill; 06-13-2007, 04:54 AM.

Comment

Floyd beat Castillo and Hatton will do the same June 23rd.

Comment

Most over hyped fight ever, pissed off i wasted time watchin that ****, Mayweather clearly won a close fight, castillo roughed him up and was better the second half of the fight, but he got hit clean multiple times, got deducted a point, possibly got knocked down, got countered consistently, to say he was robbed is ******ed, i dont see how castillo won the fight, if arm punches count then, yes, he won 116-112, if you count effective shots which actually land clean, he never won that fight, turn off the ****ty HBO commentary, dont look at lederman's idiot scorecard, and use the rewind button.

Close fight, clear winner.

Comment

Working...
                      X