No announcement yet.

I consider Haye Bellew a NO CONTEST

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
    I'm simply quoting the rules, what they state. How they are interpreted depends on several factors.

And if they are not implemented correctly, then maybe they should or there should be a rule change. An injury not caused by a fighters punches (heabdutts, elbows etc) end in NC or TD or we go to the scorecards after he completion of the 4th round (or the start of the 4th round, depending on the boxing commission).

Maybe there needs to be a similar provision for fighters who are injured without the opponent having inflicted any damage (fists or otherwise). 4 complete rounds. Go to the scorecards.

Something to think on.
    Nah because like i say fighters would just start faking injuries to get out of losing if they were down on the cards.

I think if your body isnt in shape to finish the fight, then you have lost. Same as in any other individual sport.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
      There are allot of positives coming out of this fight for David Haye! coming into the fight, due to Sky Sports/Matchroom's demonization of Haye! the pubic perception of David Haye in my opinion was at a all time low! this was a man, who once prided himself on being a boxing hero to the casual fans! And somebody who was well respected by hardcore fans! His courageous performance up against Tony Bellew has regained him a immense amount of respect! David Haye is a smart individual when it comes to self promotion, he will change his entire demeanor in the next coming months....

There is still a compelling story playing out within David Haye's career right before our eye's! this reminds me of rocky 3! it would be great if he teams up with Adam Booth or Audley Harrison in the future...haha!

The Hayemaker is coming back! make no doubt about it!
      Haye was completely responsible for his own public image and had lost the respect of a lot of hardcore boxing fans because, like Bellew, they could see him for what he was and what he was after; an easy route to a bigmoney title fight to line his pockets and fund his retirement (again). Karma is a b*tch, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
        Nah because like i say fighters would just start faking injuries to get out of losing if they were down on the cards.

I think if your body isnt in shape to finish the fight, then you have lost. Same as in any other individual sport.
        You didn't read what I wrote. I said the rules should be applied in a similar method to whe na forearm, elbow or head causes a cut or other such injury and the ifght has gone 4 or more rounds. The fight is then referred to the scorecards.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
          Haye wasn't winning the fight easily, dumbo. He may have been ahead on the cards after 5 rounds - I don't know about that, because I haven't seen them - But Bellew was obviously focused on defence and biding his time till then.

Even before the injury, I noticed Bellew was starting to step in with his punches in the 6th and looked to be sharing or even winning that round.
          with all due respect, i saw the first 5 rounds, and haye was up 4-1. bellew would step in and throw a punch here and there, but he was honestly more concerned with avoiding haye's punches, than doing any damage on his own. it was a rather uneventful five rounds.

the reason you saw bellew turn it on in round 6, was because haye injured himself towards the end of round 5.

Comment

Originally posted by Sadio Mane View Post
            You want to step into the Thunderdome?

I note you didn't deny the bit about being Irish but supporting England...

My family are Irish but I was born here. Always got a soft spot for the Irish, I go there regularly, but I'm English.

Comment

Originally posted by *OG Wenger* View Post

My family are Irish but I was born here. Always got a soft spot for the Irish, I go there regularly, but I'm English.
              This story doesn't stack up for me tbh.. birth certificate or stfu

Comment

Originally posted by FLY TY View Post
                with all due respect, i saw the first 5 rounds, and haye was up 4-1. bellew would step in and throw a punch here and there, but he was honestly more concerned with avoiding haye's punches, than doing any damage on his own. it was a rather uneventful five rounds.

the reason you saw bellew turn it on in round 6, was because haye injured himself towards the end of round 5.
                Bellew is not a HW and never will be. He unloaded all he had and couldn't put down a one legged man.

There will forever be a * on this 'victory'

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post
                  Haye was completely responsible for his own public image and had lost the respect of a lot of hardcore boxing fans because, like Bellew, they could see him for what he was and what he was after; an easy route to a bigmoney title fight to line his pockets and fund his retirement (again). Karma is a b*tch, eh?
                  He picked up a 4.7 million purse. Not bad for a shot fighter who hasn't been competitive since 2012 and never trained correctly for the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by FLY TY View Post

Being 4-1 up in a 12 round fight does not mean you are "winning" if you are up against an opponent with superior stamina who is trying to take you into the later rounds and you are missing with most of your punches and not hurting him with the few you manage to land.

And do you know that Haye was 4-1 up on the judges cards? All of the first 5 rounds were very close and they might have given Bellew more than 1.

Haye's injury happened in the 6th, btw, not the 5th, and Bellew was also fighting injured after breaking his hand in the 3rd, according to his team.
                    Last edited by kafkod; 03-07-2017, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                      You didn't read what I wrote. I said the rules should be applied in a similar method to whe na forearm, elbow or head causes a cut or other such injury and the ifght has gone 4 or more rounds. The fight is then referred to the scorecards.
                      So then what if a fighter is up on the cards and the other guy comes on strong late? The fighter who is up cohld just fake an injury and end the fight without taking any risk.

There isnt any individual sport i can think of where an injury would result in a no contest. If Nadal pulls out of a tennis match half way through, then he loses the match. Sport is a physical competition, if you can't compete then you have lost IMO.

Comment

Working...
                      X